1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets reached out to Lionel Hollins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 4, 2016.

1. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I don't think the Rockets pick a coach or a coach picks Houston until Dwight says what he is going to do. I don't think the next coach wants to inherit the Dwight and Harden dynamic.

#121 ballplayer, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You know how offensive that transcript is?

You might as well:

Hollins: "I heard y'all *****z is hiring, wassup?"

3. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Hollins is a good coach that did a very good job while he was at Memphis. Memphis's front office made a mistake in getting rid of him. However, I don't think Hollins would be a good fit here in Houston - don't see him meshing well with Morey.

4. theredbackpack

i dunno how good he is with x's and o's, but hollins is a good leader. discount what he did with the nets, that team is irrelevant and i feel like firing him was just to accelerate their bottoming out process. joerger acquitted himself nicely after rumors he was being fired at the start of this past season, but i have no reason to believe he's a better coach than either hollins or vogel.
    i love JVG but the game may have passed him.
    if available, vogel is the best coach we could land. hands down, no questions asked.

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I have no interest in a coach who turned zach randolph around, beat the higher seeded spurs, helped develop conley and gasol, and had a distinctive style molded around his players. Yeah, no thanks to that guy.

1 person likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I'm actually OK with Hollins if we don't get JVG or Messina. I'd also be OK with McMillan. Hollins and McMillan would be respected and better prepared than either of our last two coaches.

7. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Like I've said before, JVG isn't going anywhere. Nobody else is going to hire him... so we can wait on Vogel's decision lol

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Preach Big Ez...

Preach...

T_Man

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, I was really hoping before that Hollins could be Co head with McHale, I mean before he took Nets train wreck... that could have changed a lot of things... Oh well. I do like Hollins though

10. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Hollins overall is a pretty good coach. I don't hold the Brooklyn stint against him. But he would definitely clash with Morey. Hollins is too old school for Morey.

11. hakeemthagreat

The fact ou think he has to "mesh" well with a GM who has a terrible reputation around the league, says something about the arrogance of our fans & front office:rolleyes:

12. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

"offensive" :rolleyes:
    someone's a rookie for a reason.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Vogel & Hollins would be awesome!

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Except I had Morey calling Hollins. Morey, an analytics freak, calling an old-school, analytics-is-crap coach. Reaching out to somebody who is obviously not in sync at all with his philosophy, so it's almost as if he's simply looking for someone who is, yes, a good coach, but not on the same page, but will be tough on James.

Thanks for turning it into something racist, though. Which it wasn't meant to be. AT ALL. My apologies. Didn't mean to offend.