1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Curry out with MCL sprain 4/24/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Apr 24, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Curry2Thompson" is the resident Warriors expert. :)

Only has 300+ posts but majority are Warriors, Warriors, Warriors, Curry, Green, Thompson, Warriors, not-so-subtle shots at Houston/Harden, back to sucking the Warriors cawk, Warriors, Warriors, Curry, Curry, Green, Warriors...

MIA Thursday, back tonight.

[​IMG]

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Ban bet, if Curry is out less than 9 calendar days including today then you're gone,

If he comes back in less, I'll get the ban

3. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Uh huh. I posted about not wanting Scott Brooks' craptastic ISO sets in Houston because I'm a Warriors fan. Seems legit, definitely a burning Golden State issue.

4. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Why would I take a bet on something I've already said I have no opinion on? You're pretty strange.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

doesnt affect us since this Rockets team refuses to give the same effort in 2nd half of games.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Curse of Lebron; every time a player other than lebron wins MVP, that player next year gets screwed

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Are you able to read?

8. Bleek

Bleek Rookie

He just resting for the Clippers lol

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ironically, the Warriors should want to make this series 6-7 games so they can get more time for Curry before they face the Clips.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah that's true. If the Clippers and Warriors go 5 game that series starts Sunday. Gives him about a week's worth of rest any ways but with a knee sprain any rest is good rest.

11. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Damn, new levels of desperation with this team.

"Okay guys, the Warriors are obviously going to let us win a couple games to buy Curry some rest time, but jokes on them because we're going to beat them in game 7 to show them who's boss."

I'm not even sure this team could beat the Grizzlies, now that's a team that knows how to go out with class and heart. Even got Joeger with happy tears for not giving up.

This team doe. Need to draft some new fans too.

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

Don't like it this since Curry is a good guy. Green or Bogut I would have zero remorse.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Curry may be a good if not great guy off the court, but on the court he is as cocky as they come. That said it sucks he got injured, but unfortunately that is a part of the game.

Green or Bogut though I would be probably upset that they didn't get injured sooner. Actually mainly Bogut, Green plays rough, very rough and dirty but he is a mere grasshopper compared to Bogut

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah but they also risk other players going to snap city playing against Houston. Is it really worth the risk

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

is that right?

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Rose in 2010-2011 season
    Durant in 2013-2014 season
    Curry in 2014-2015 season

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Warriors' spokesman tells me Steph's MRI results are not expected until late afternoon/early evening Pacific Time.</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/724620871223115776">April 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

My guess is a mild-to-moderate sprain that keeps him out the rest of this series, unless it somehow goes to Game 7, then the door might open.

The thing to keep in mind is that MRIs are typically used to confirm the initial testing. While they can occasionally show a surprise, by and large the team/player has a good idea of the injury shortly after it happens.

I watched Curry in the locker room yesterday, and while this is just my opinion based on his body language, he did not seem like someone who suspected a severe injury. He was laughing and joking with his teammates, having his usual conversations and wasn't with the trainers. He walked without crutches and had an Ace bandage-type apparatus around the knee, rather than a bulky brace. I've seen guys when they're fearing a devastating, season-ending injury, and that wasn't the vibe at all.

My hunch is that it's something similar to what Dwight Howard suffered in Game 1 of the WCF when Josh rolled into him. In other words, Curry probably CAN play through it relatively soon, but the questions are A) how effective he'll be and B) whether a week or two of rest would significantly help the situation.

We'll see what the MRI shows, but I'm guessing that it's not a season-ender. However, I'd be stunned if Golden State even considers bringing him back this series unless it gets to Game 7.

19. htown1984

htown1984 Member

well they were saying he cried. and his expression when he was going back to the locker room didnt look good after he was told he couldnt play.

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Eh, only Steph knows how he feels and by all accounts he likes to mask his pain to try and play. A knee sprain diagnosis one day, can be a meniscus tear the next day after looking at the MRI. We really have no idea what is the matter with his knee and Sprain/Strain is a nice catchall diagnoses before imaging is done. Furthermore, remember that not every Sprain is equal.The affects can last days, weeks or even months.