1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] How Golden State gets so wide open

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

EXACTLY! People seem to understand only half the arguments presented here. People are trying to argue that the screens are legal, or that everyone does it. The truth of the matter is the screens are sometimes legal, and everyone TRIES to do it. The warriors do it all the time and are RARELY punished for it. The Rockets are punished for it every freaking time. If the screens are legal, eliminate the double standard and let everyone shuffle. If they aren't legal, call it, on everyone.

The warriors are not a bad team, even if these plays were called that team still reaches 60 wins easy. What bothers me, is that the NBA wants to fast forward to the WCF/ECF before the games are even played. Don't just give the warriors the damn title, even if they are probably going to win it anyways... Or, just make the first two rounds of the playoffs a 5 game series and fast forward us to Spurs vs. Warriors already.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It really is worse that they don't need that kind of advantage most of the time. The Warriors won game 2 and they only set 5 or 6 illegal screens all game long, Bogut alone set twice as many in the first half of game 1.

They don't need to get away with that BS to win, but for whatever reason the league has decided that they are going to get away with it and no one else is.

3. boiler

boiler Member

Well if this is the case, why blame GW players? It should be all on refs.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jason Terry said the perception is Warriors are a finesse team when in reality they're very physical. He said he loves how they set screens.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/722855700397883392">April 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

We'd honestly be better off with JET as player-coach than JBB as head coach. He'd at least have some Carlisle principles and hopefully bench Corey Brewer (and himself).

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it is on the refs, but the players are taking advantage of being able to break the rules without punishment so it's sort of on both.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

I don't.

In my soccer league girl goals are worth two. I am literally the only person on my team who said we should stack the forward positions with 2-3 girls and then set them up for headers and clean ups. You know what my team wants to do? Get the rule changed to girl goals only being 1.

I blame the refs on any given day of the week, they are the ones setting the double standard here.

8. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Oh, Terry, why must you be an apologist for the Warriors? Everyone* knows those screens are illegal and every other player in the league is furious at the Warriors' cheating.

*"Everyone" in this context may not extend very far past a group on Clutchfans

9. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

You're just making stuff up.

The rockets rarely get called for illegal screens too. You just aren't watching.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Remember my quote from last year. "Happy Illegal Screens Championship."

11. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I think Morey mentioned this video the 790 today, they were talking about the GSW illegal screens and he mention seeing a clip compilation from fans and working with the NBA on addressing this.

12. verysimplejason

Actually, it's not the warriors' fault. They are not the referees after all.

13. verysimplejason

14. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

The way they get away with moving screens is almost as ridiculous as the type of foul calls James Harden get

15. BreakYoSelfFool

Does any one have film of the Rockets setting any legal screens this year? Or even moving without the basketball?

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Draymond Green to Rome on HOU: "I think they have more probs than just worrying about a moving screen or worrying about Klay getting open."

Draymond Green to Jim Rome on Rockets: "I think they do some stuff that shouldn't be allowed, but it's basketball."

Draymond to KNBR "HOU coach came out the other day &said James Harden has found a loophole in the rules & ur gonna go complain ab a screen?"

Draymond Green to KNBR: "I've always been taught that when you screen, you seek a body. You don't go screen air. You seek a body."

&mdash; @diamond83

#217 J.R., Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  18. WestendMassive

What loophole is Draymond claiming Harden has found?

The old drive to the bucket and get fouled loophole? What a genius!

19. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's talking ****, but he isn't denying the accusation.

20. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Give the ball to bezy, wtf ariza