1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN to go 'Behind the Beard' with James Harden story tonight at 9

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, Apr 19, 2016.

1. RESINator

RESINator Member

"Something great was going to happen.... I happened"

"3, 2, 1... we have ignition"

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll watch it, will have to see it online after someone posts a link. While I get the basic, current level of Harden hatred, I don't get the absolute Harden hatred, it's still a great story and he's still a great talent--he is just not playing fully up to his own talent level, and that's what disappoints his fans. Perhaps he will get better if and when he matures . . . or he may never get past this stage. And perhaps this ESPN feature will yield some clues.

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

After this season, Harden wants to be traded back to OKC lols.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

All for the glory of HARD-ON!

...."those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter." Well, I mind - so screw u too, you narcissistic, lazy, stripper chasing glory hound.... smh....

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

this espn e:60 episode is making me dislike him just a little bit less, lol!

6. Dirty Deca

Dirty Deca Member

I did not realize the struggles this guy overcame!

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's really good so far. Not a lot of Rockets talk yet. You can tell they had to redo the intro after the Rockets terrible, no good, very bad season.

They even got in a slight jab at Curry being around the mics a lot. Surprising for ESPN. Surprising they are still kind of comparing him to Curry...

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I'm not watching it and haven't watched it but the idea that Harden is lazy seems stupid. He wasn't a can't miss athletic freak that was a no doubt superstar like Lebron. He worked hard to become a legitimate star. Nobody knew he would be this good in Houston. I know this season sucks and yeah he needs to find some D, but it's amazing how many "fans" have turned on him. He's pretty much all this team has.

1 person likes this.
  9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

when game 3 comes thursday, we'll all go back to hating him again, lol.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Oh boy did they shoehorn the Rockets season struggles in at the end. It was good though. Well done.

Harden's mom, and his love for her, was heavily featured. It make the whole ordeal with Barnes even more bewildering. It didn't look like he was bothered that Barnes disrespected her.

Harden is an odd-ball. I don't think anyone will know what makes him tick or what motivates him.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Let me summerize. This dude used to an overweight wanna be baller. He got his asmatic fat self into shape and became a baller. Once he became a baller he hit up the strip joints as a rich millionaire. The ladied liked h im since he was a millionaire and he got laid alot. Good for mister James Harden. Getting laid in your prime while being super rich. Nice life...

12. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-mnzaBWifqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why the hell would his mom have a reporter break the news on something as devastating and serious as that?!?!

14. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I thought this was amazing, I really enjoyed it

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

At the end of the day, Harden doesn't really want to be in Houston. He'd rather not. Incompetent coaching staff and all....

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

James will continue to grow.

He'll be better next season. This was definitely a learning process for him, and despite the HELL of a season, he's actually put up some incredible numbers.

The problems are just beyond his control, and they can't be fixed over night or through a simple trade.

Winning solves everything though. Taking GS to 6 games would take away SOME of the bad taste.

Sorry, "tankers," I'm always going to want my team to find a way to win and compete. And, this may very well be the last time we see this crew together. Some of that is good, and some of it is arguably bad.

I will shed lots of tears if KJ is traded. ;)

Actually, I hope Jet keeps in shape and finds a team to play one more year with next year. He deserves better, even if his shot has been off. He's a pro, regardless of the record or his minutes. You gotta love guys like that.

1 person likes this.
  17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

He's a weird dude, no doubt

18. FEAR THE BEARD

After watching this it made me feel like we have a realistic shot at landing KD this summer. I knew Harden and Durant had a good relationship, but didn't realize they missed playing together so much. Sounds like Harden is going to try very hard to bring KD to H-Town.

19. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I can't take this seriously knowing after the interview he hit up the club and made it rain on some strippers

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

one thing that gives me confidence is his character, which has followed him since he was a kid (credit to his mom). You don't overcome obstacles like that, kudos to him and his mom for achieving what they have.

Also, Anyone else notice how much faster he was in OKC and first year in houston?