1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carjacked in NW Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Midixinormous, Apr 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

Except for #6, that's kind of lucky.

2. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Ehh, that was only a 5 yr period. Never experienced any of those is Sugar Land.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I have no idea about this Willowbrook area. I do know I heard some absolute crazy criminal stories about what occurred back in the day in Alief during the 80s from a friend who used to live there. Apparently, the criminal underground in Alief was run by gangs and, if any criminals went outside the gang enforced activities, then the gangs would target them for elimination. Some of the stories I heard just boggled my mind. It was like the Mexican cartels you here about today. Of course, I had no way to verify. I just lived in Clear Lake City. We were rather peaceful back then. I've never even been to Alief. But, the reputation was around.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Someone posted a pic of a google crime risk map. I'm going to have to check that out. I wonder how accurate it is?

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Eh, maybe in the later 80's but I grew up there from 80-91 and it was perfect. There was some strife when gangs from Willowridge would come into our hood, all wearing scrubs and kick the *hit outta everyone hanging out at the BK parking lot on weekends on the corner of Bellaire. And there was an undercurrent of Asian gangs that I can recall, had one "friend" that I later saw on a wanted ad on Cops TV show. :eek: It will always be home even tho those places and times are long gone. RIP old Alief. Elsik CO 88 1/2. ;)

6. PhiSlammaJamma

U would think phone theft would be way down with these new kill switches right?

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yea...I dunno. This guy was hispanic so maybe it was just in hispanic circles. Of course, teenagers have a tendency to exaggerate and make stuff up as well...so it could have been a load of bull as well.

8. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Been off louetta and 249 for 15 years....nothing has ever happened to me

9. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

The Vintage / Vintage Park area just south of Tomball is not Willowbrook area. If you live there you obviously know the difference

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The Chase Bank where the shootout occurred is more or less, right in that area.

11. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

It's literally Two exits down.... I don't spend 100% of my time in vintage park.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

When you say "peace of mind" I read "false sense of security".

Based on what OP described in this scenario, his girl having a CHL would have done nothing except put a gun in the hands of criminals.