1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 2 adjustments

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by valorita, Apr 16, 2016.

1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Give JB an earpiece and have a competent coach feed him strategy. Litter the Warriors 3 point line with gummy beards.

2. i3artow i3aller

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think if we make a lot of good adjustments we can play a lot better and only lose by 18

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Corey Brewer should not play any minutes. He's proven he can't play anymore. Ariza should be moved to the bench and only play back up small forward because he can't play the 4. Beasley should start at 4. Josh Smith should start at 3. KJ McDaniels needs to play more minutes. Jason Terry should start ONLY if they allow him to use his coaching abilities and his experience. He does want to be a coach when he retires. If Jason Kidd was allowed to coach a little when he played with the Mavs, why can't Terry do it with the Rockets? Someone send this comment to Morey so he can tell this to J.B Bickerstaff.:cool:

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

How bout take care of the damn ball... Turnovers have been this team Achilles heel for 2 seasons now. when will they start to value possessions?

6. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Game 2 adjustment?
    [​IMG]

7. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

PB needs to pull another Westbrick then we just might not get swept.

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Beverley needs to learn his tough guy persona against the elite of the league actually hurts this team.

I said to my friend last week that Bev will do something to rile Curry up. Lo and behold what did he have, 24 first half points?

So sick of Beverley's attitude. Slapping the ball away from players after the whistle is blown is just stupid. I wish the refs would T him up every time he did that.

Why give the best players in the game more motivation to go out their and kick your ass? Especially when you know you yourself can't back it up and give it back to them.

9. fattz

fattz Member

The best use of Terry is on the sidelines is suit with a clip board with Bickerstaff reporting to him. Bring Harden off the bench.
    Start:
    Bev, Ariza, Smith, DMo, Howard
    6 man Harden ( if he is off - in the 1st half -->Beasley )
    Keep playing big with Capela at 4/5 & KJ at 12&3.
    Play inside out pounding the post (Smith feeds the post) everyone hard cuts to the baskets and backside screens "be not only active but smart"--> everyone getting back on D after the shot less the 5. This should soften their bigs up and set Harden up for a BIG finish.

10. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

Explain this to me. JBB wanted to match up with Mavericks a couple of weeks ago so he put KJ in the starting lineup. Now to match up against the Warriors you put Brewer in the starting lineup instead of KJ?

11. varughese.arun

Starters should be: DWIGHT + DMO + ARIZA + HARDEN + PATBEV.

KJ McDANIELS' SHOULD TAKE ALL OF COREY BREWER'S minutes.

MCDANIELS should pick up GREEN when we go small.

BEASLEY should get @least 20 mins off the bench, and be allowed to free Lance because no one in the league can guard this man 1-on-1. On Defense, Beasley should not guard Green, rather should be guarding Harrison. Put KJ on Green.

Keep our offense SIMPLE. High pick-n-roll with Dwight and Harden or high-pick-n-roll with Harden and DMO. Let Beasley free lance.

MAKE Dwight box out with his LOWER BODY, NOT HIS ARMS. STOP WATCHING THE BALL AND GET IN POSSITION.

Capella should play with DMO when Dwight goes to bench bc he will get every available rebound.

12. jxl92182

jxl92182 Member

I give him reputation points and rolling on the floor.

I can't believe nobody comment on it yet.

13. PeppermintCandy

Give Smith more PT. He's aggressive in the playoffs, is a willing passer, and has good chemistry with Howard which may help the big guy get going.

If not Smith, JBB needs to decide which power forwards he's going with and stick with them. It's obvious none of the PFs has completely earned his trust, but he can't expect to go small ball for the duration of the playoffs.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member