1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lord Please Put Us Out Of Our Misery!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by adagio75, Apr 7, 2016.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Daryl Morey put together a train wreck of a team. Fire everyone.

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

That'll do it

3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

No, that's not what it means. Offensively it's about scoring the most points that you can on every shot. Currently we are the 3rd highest scoring team per shot in the entire league. We trail only Golden State and OKC.

I see you chose not to answer the question regarding what shots you suggest we take if we are going to take fewer 3's.

San Antonio is a great example. They shoot 38.1% on 3s but they only shoot 18.6 per game. Houston shoots 34.3% on 30.7 3s per game. So how do the two teams stack up on points per shot? Houston scores 1.27 pts per fga while SA scores 1.25 pts per fga.

Would you rather score more points per field goal attempt or would you rather shoot a higher percentage? Of course you'd rather score more points per fga.

Offense isn't our problem. Defense is the problem.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The system is fine, players just decided to play worse this year

5. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

rub-a-dub dub... thanks for the grub? :confused:

6. caneks

caneks Rookie

The 8th most efficient shooting team can not even make playoffs. so this stats means insignificant, or at least you are looking at wrong data for winning, correct?

7. Rocketsnbeyond

Any system that involve inconsistent shooters to shoot 3's is a bad system. We shoot 3's on fast breaks, we shoot 3's when no defenders are in the perimeter and Howard is wide open, and the worst one is we shoot 3's when nobody can make them. I would love to be paid 80,000,000 dollars to missed shots and have turnovers.

8. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

The theory is fine... the system itself????

Are you that much a sucker for ugly Basketball? #+D can be done in an attractive way you know.... There's no need to just run to the perimeter, and wait untill harden is done dribbling to make a pass or a brilliant move (got to give him that!).

The system is wrong on many levels.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's not the system.

Harden put a1 on his chipotle and can no longer run the system.

10. adagio75

adagio75 Member

What are you not listening to in the original post i stated in a nutshell why are we shooting 3's with players that dont shoot 3's ???? You chose to focus on the reason why we shoot sooo many 3's instead of confirming the main issue of using players that are not by any means CONSISTENT THREATS at shooting 3's. You and i both know the reason why the majority of our team dont fit what you Morey are trying to do. But yet you are still forcing the square peg into the circle hole??? And by your dumb 3pt theory, that would mean it doesnt matter who the player whether from Dwight all the way to Jason Terry, its better to shoot a open 3 than an open 2 because of the amount it can add up to based on the attempts in a game??? But we both know that is not accurate, because if a player is not consistent 3pt shooter then the opposition will readily and willingly live with yo dumba$$ shooting a shot that you aint gonna hit, no matter how many times you take it ie..... brewer, smith, jones, d-mo, pat bev, mcdaniels, beasley, entire rockets roster other than harden and jet! Thats also why the opposition can play 4 on 1 against harden because you have eenie meenie minee moe playing on the perimeter and are not CONSISTENT THREATS to make your precious 3 pt shots Morey you F$#kin Nitwit!!! Thats only one part of soooo many reasons we suck currently. But it def is a major reason why.

11. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Murdering infants in Africa?

12. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

I got laid tonight. And Steve Francis taped it.

13. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Posts are read, not listened to. You defy physics.

14. adagio75

adagio75 Member

Dear Lord its me again..Not sure what happened with my request? I cant take this burden and curse any longer.

Make the pain stop and take away Please !!![​IMG] :eek:

15. basketballholic

Hey, don't be Debbie Downer! We should've lost by 40! We only lost by 26! Moral victory! We held Steph to only 24! Bev gave Steph hell! And Capela got playoff experience!

Yay! Yay! Yay!

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't forget, GSW did not want to see us in the playoffs.

17. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Bump this back to the first page

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Only 2.5 more games. It's so close we can taste it. Just hold on a little bit longer, my friends.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

20. hvic

hvic Member

I can take you out back and put you out of your misery