1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Beasley's Minutes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CertifiedTroll, Apr 11, 2016.

?

Beasley's Minutes

1. 0-15

10 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. 15-20

32 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. 20-25

56 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. 25+

94 vote(s)
    45.9%
  5. In JBB I trust

5 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Keith Jones is a boss.

8 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. Caesar

Caesar Member

You can argue it's because DMO played with the starters? Yes. You can. You pull out stats based on Beasleys limited minutes with the starting unit. PER and DWS is useless right Bobby? But using team advanced stats with limited minutes in those lineups is DA TRUF!!1

DMO was great last season like i said, but from what i've seen this season, its been no better than anyone else to the eye test. Haha at DMO having length. He's got trex arms. I like how he moves his feet though and he always plays hard, but tends to fall on the floor a lot much like how Yao used to. Needs to work on his balance or something.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

PER is ALWAYS worthless and DWS is a compilation stat so you can't compare players with significantly different minutes played.

You were shown that the team does A LOT better when Beasley isn't on the court compared to when he's on the court no matter who he is on the court with. I'm sorry that you are incapable of realizing that simply by watching the game and you had to have someone spell it out for you.

3. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Ya based on my stats Beasley avg. like 3-4 times as much points per game recently when playing Dmo type minutes. JB is ****ing stupid

I like Dmo, he's a great fundamental player, his post moves are top notch for today's league, and his passes are smooth as butter

Only problem with Dmo is that he's to much of a p***y half the time. I don't really want Howard back next year and think Dmo would be great for our bench coming off behind Capella

4. hakeemo34

hakeemo34 Member

This years team is crying out for players who can create their own offense and Beasley is the only guy besides Harden who can do that. He needs to play 30 min per game, doesnt need to start.

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Why is Josh taking Beasleys minutes?

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I just cannot understand why Beasley would just stop getting minutes? It makes no sense. I can somewhat understand trying to get Smith back in the lineup. Maybe he is feeling better and looking good in practice? I don't know but Beasley should surely play over Brewer

7. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Beasley scores so easily it's just no fair that we aren't using him in the line up

8. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

and his defense isn't that bad either. you guys make it seem like he's the Harden of PF defense

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Horrible defense by Beasley so far tonight. Bwhahaha not

10. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

I saw we give Smith the starting position and let beasley get his 30 minute per game.

Let Beasley start even..against teams like the warriors you gotta be scoring right back or you'll get behind quick. need all the offense we can get

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

I don't think the question is should Beasley be taking minutes from DMo. Is it worth taking minutes from Smoove and Brewer/Terry?

I don't think Beasley fits well with Harden since both dominate the ball. Beasley doesn't fit with Howard or Capela because neither can stretch the floor with shooting so the paint is permaclogged.

12. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Beasley is that good of a scorer it doesn't matter with Capela or Dwight on the floor. His midrange is money.

And I think him and Harden can run that pick and roll action and that's a lose lose situation if I'm a defender because both can score easily

13. CertifiedTroll

Random aside: Why did mods remove [Poll] from the title?

14. supercoolBeas

supercoolBeas Member

Beas could be KEY against GSW in a series.

Too bad he'll play like 4 mins at best tho.....SMH JBB