1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Directv Referral

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by skenney1993, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Does DirecTV still have you sign a 2 year contract and make your rate skyrocket in the 2nd year?

Also don't want this bump to get lost...

2. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

Per conversation with the rep, it is the same price for the full 2 years.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Is there anyone happy with Comcast these days? My Uverse commitment is up and my next bill is jumping from $154 to $230, and my internet speed is supposed to be 18 down but I might get 10 down. Sick of their compressed picture, crappy internet and terrible modems that always lose signal and constantly reboot. Really not interested in having a satellite either.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I switched in 2012. My deal had both 12 and 24 month promotions. What I paid bumped after 12 months and 24 months. With the latter being the biggest bump.

This was all pre-ATT acquisition.

5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

The simple answer is yes, the more complex answer is yes but the savings I got on the first year still make the overall 2 year total less than what it would have been with Dish/Cable (the cable company where I live is small and barely offers digital service so even if it was free I probably would go with someone else). Add to that it is the only service I can get that carries ROOTSW so I'm perfectly happy with that. I have had no issues with Direct, I had DISH for several years and I had connection issues, issues with how the dish was installed, and issues where they had to put a second dish on my house to get the local channels. I also had issues with DISH because after 6 years with them, they would not upgrade any of my equipment without charging me $200.

My referral code number is 23291758 if you would prefer me to send the referral through email, feel free to email me through the board and I will send a direct link.

6. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

That's a really good deal, especially if that's your flat rate over the full 2 year agreement. I'm paying about $95 on TV + HBO alone, so I might look into getting that same package. PM me if you'd like my account number/info for referral (we both get $10 bill credits for 10 months).

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

DirecTV will be getting the axe pretty soon on this end. Nothing wrong with the service at all, but I'm well past 24 months and the cost is just too high. $130 a month for a DVR and three Genie clients on thier cheapest package that offers Root Sports. No premium channels at all. I'm just not willing to pay that much and I'm tired of calling up there continuesly to get the bill lowered.

Im ready to cut the cord, but I just need a viable streaming option for live TV.

8. VanityHalfBlack

I'm paying about 160 for HBO/Starz/Cinemax and the premium package. I'll eventually downgrade as soon as Banshee season 4 is over. But that HBO Go streaming stuff is top aces. I can watch GOT and the sopranos or whatever any damn time, I love it.

9. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Wow, I let my cancel out, went without TV for 2 days. I have the Extra pacakage with the ATT Max Internet for $92. They gave me a "win back" deal and I combined my bills. My contract expired about 3 months ago and my win back deal expires in 4 months. I only have 1 genie and 1 genie mini though.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

No, I have 300mbit (and I get it on certain sites) Internet with TV and phone for 118 a month after tax etc). 6 tuner dvr too and multiple room.

Depending where you're at you should shop around.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with getting a chain of referrals going...everyone saves money. Why not take advantage of it. Im not in the market right now to switch, but if I was thinking of Directv, I'd most definitely enjoy having a network of people so that we can all save money.

12. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

Win back deal is only for a few months? How many mps is the ATT Max?

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

The DirecTV/AT&T Internet bundles sound really good, but unfortunately my Internet options are Comcast or Verizon DSL. No AT&T.