1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simple Question: Do you want the playoffs or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2016.

?

Do you want the Rockets to make the playoffs?

1. YES, forget the first round pick

172 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. NO, I prefer the lottery pick

371 vote(s)
    68.3%
  1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I agree. The 12th pick can be had if we finish behind the Wiz and Bulls.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Complete embarrassment to have those names on paper and miss the playoffs. Let them get the humiliation they earned. Shake everything up. Why do i get the feeling Les will find some reason to keep jb....."jb needed a training camp"

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Rockets at the 12th pick, now!

4. alethios

alethios Member

That's, unfortunately, the only measure of success left to this otherwise abysmal season, short of winning the 1st/2nd pick.

5. dmoneybangbang

Tank for the 12th! Don't let the Wizards overtake us!

6. dmoneybangbang

Lemons to Lemonade bro.

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Pick might be our only way to get rid of Brewer and for a million of other reasons: no to the playoffs, let it burn!

8. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Honestly... How valuable is that pick going to be? I mean what makes you and all other 9 trillion people on clutchfans think that pick is going to be a saving grace?

The narrative is getting old. Maybe we draft someone that kinda contributes for a year or two and then he's gone in free agency like terrence jones. I'm sure we'll all be celebrating the player we draft with that pick for the next 30 years. :rolleyes:

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

After almost 15 years of membership on this board, and more than twice that time being a true Rockets fans,

For the first time ever I'm putting down CF fans, saying their/our opinions are sh**ty, low quality and doesnt mean much. Low credibility CF period lol

I'm not saying CF members aren't capable of objective analysis. We ARE.

Its as much as James Harden and this team doesn't show defense, this board just doesnt show true analysis. Not lately, not anymore, not sure which one but its just not there lol.

Personally I would rather no playoffs and the pick rather than make the playoffs. Because this team flat out doesn't deserve the postseason, and doesnt even deserve a "moral" victory out of it. Its already a failure and putting any silver lining on it will hold back any future progress more than help it. This team needs the crushing pain more than a positive pat-on-the-back. Because they've abused the supportive approach and poor performance has resulted from it

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

simple question - do you want to be the most embarrassing team in league history or not? if you do, then make the playoffs and be part of a historic 50pt loss avg sweep, with everyone watching wondering if there's a love affair going on between jb and brewer.

11. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Tired of everyone wanting the picks. Seriously life is too short, if you have the oppotunity you take it. You never know if you'll die tomorrow.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Who said it was a saving grace? Oh right, no one!

And last I checked, maybe the rules have changed:)rolleyes:), they can use the pick other than strictly in the draft. Like, I don't know, trading it?

Hey, let's go get our teeth kicked in by Golden State! Then we're gonna hang a banner for taking the defending (& eventual?) champions to five games, if we're lucky. HOORAY!

I'm sure we're gonna be celebrating this the next 30 years.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I want our guys to make the playoffs, but honestly they don't deserve to be in them.

14. Exiled

Exiled Member

I want them to make the playoff , but then ,it depends really if you want to see Beverly intimidating Curry , picking up 2-3 quick fouls , then forget to guard him, things goes down hill from there usually

15. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I would love the playoffs, but after this season, I don't think that's what this team needs or deserves.

I think we need to clear house excluding Morey.

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

Give me any chance at Ben Simmons or just to jump into the top 3 please.

Cavs jumped from 9 to #1 just a few years ago(Wiggins). Clippers jumped from #8 to #1 (Cavs owned the pick-Kyrie). The Bulls jumped from #9 to #1(Rose).

The closest is the Magic jumping from #11 to #1 to get Webber. In that same draft, the Warriors jumped from #7 to #3 to draft Penny who was then traded to Orlando for Webber.

The Sonics jumped from #10 to #2 to get Gary Payton.

Hornets jumped from #8 to #2 to get Alonzo Mourning.

1999, The Hornets jumped from #13 to #3 to get Baron Davis.

History has shown if you are lucky enough to jump up in the draft, it's usually a hit with a franchise player.

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

Looking at recent history makes you really question the lottery. Cavs jumping 2 times to get #1 picks for the planned LeBron return. It was all set up too perfectly man. Bulls jump all the way up for hometown guy? Too fishy. David Stern man... I hope Silver becomes more transparent with the lottery process.

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'm going crazy. This **** is rigged. Simmons to the Lakers guaranteed. **** it. I'd still be okay with Sabonis or Maker at our pick.

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It is transparent though. Reps from all teams are there and E&Y oversees it.

20. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

In case you haven't noticed, Warriors lost to the Celtics and Wolves at home. They almost lost to the Grizzlies too.

We can take this team.