1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Misdirection for what?

Daniels has always been a great 3pt shooter. That's his thing. Unfortunately, he lacks in many other areas, which is why Lamb has been ahead of him on the depth chart at SG. Lamb also lacks in a lot of areas, which is why Lin gets the start at SG when Batum is injured...Lin is primarily the backup PG, but he is also the backup SG when Kemba is on the floor.

Yesterday during garbage time, we also saw a lineup with Guitierez at PG, Daniels at SG and Lin at SF (tho Lin facilitated from that position much the way Batum usually does)...so Lin's versatility gives him a few ways to contribute to the team's success.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Isn't Lin just over 6'4 in shoes? He's right up there with Harden with an inch or less between them. But guys like Rose and Lillard are definitely not even close to 6'3.

3. yoeddy

Lin is listed as 6'3" and Harden is listed at 6'5" on NBA.com, and when Lin was with the Rockets, I never thought that Lin and Harden were the same height (Harden was clearly taller). Lillard and Rose are both listed at 6'3" as well. Everyone wears shoes, so I'd expect the height differences listed to be accurate.

4. yoeddy

^^^ all that said, Lin does look like he's added some weight/muscle this season, so he is probably heavier than the 200lbs he's been listed at since he entered the league. He's clearly got more size than when he was with the Knicks.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Lin always comes up to Harden because Lin is 6'3 barefoot as per draft express. But Rose and Lillard and a bunch of other guys are drastically shorter. I think Kyrie Irving is also no where near 6'3.

6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

He's the worst most overpaid Rockets PG ever who couldn't even make a whole season with the team. Real Rockets fans should trash that fake Rockets player like a substitute teacher.

The stupid 1st Rd conditional draft pick we gave up to get him is the main reason we are tanking to not make playoffs. Tell me one good thing he contributed to the Rockets. I just mentioned one huge repercussion of acquiring his sorry ass. Are you a Rockets fans like you say you are? Or do you just hate McGrady and Lin more than you like the Rockets?

7. krnxsnoopy

You're not a true Rockets fan. True Rockets fans should be livid about the current situation we are in (debating whether or not to make playoffs) and the crappy season in general.

Your focus is on Lin, not the Rockets, and that's obvious. But yeah, let's keep focusing on the off-shooting-nights of Lin's and crappy FG/FGA he puts up every now and then, and forget about the atrocious season we just had.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

krxsnoopy,
    when was the last time you rooted for the rockets?

if you had a choice between being a Rockets fan and Lin Only fan, which do you pick?

you can't be both.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

I am a Rockets fan who believes in the truth.

I believe that absolute truth that McGrady never led the Rockets to any playoff series success.

This has been proven by his 20 playoff games and zero playoff victories.
    All those b**** Tracy Fans can make what if situations all they want. Just like I can pretend I won the lottery.

Lin Only fans need to be cleansed from Clutchfans. We should have never welcomed a single one of them.

Lin sucked ass with the Rockets and the Portland series left a bad taste in every Rockets fans mouth.

Lawson and Morey were acquired by Morey. However you are using Lawson as a scape goat for your Lin fandom.

We've had bad acquisitions before. Lawson was not Lin's replacement, because we dumped Lin two years before. We performed better last year with Prigioni and Jason Terry in the playoffs.

I understand the mindset of the dumb McGrady fans they never mention race, but you get pretty personal when you here criticism about Lin, it's like I'm actually attacking your brother. McGrady has a full spectrum of fans of all races with low IQs.

But LOF are insecure and only attached to Lin by race and nothing else.

10. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

u ain't ****. I don't give a **** how tiny u are. Tinyman u hear me. I don't give a fuvk how old u are, u old piece ****

11. krnxsnoopy

11Rox4Life3 hit the nail on the head.

I love the fact you make Mcgrady (the superstar) the scapegoat for his playoff series, and Lin (benchwarmer) the scapegoat for his playoff series.

Meanwhile, all of Mcgrady's benchwarmer teammates get a pass.. and Harden gets a pass as well..

Something isn't consistent.

That's because you're biased, and you're just a Mcgrady/Lin Hater.

1 person likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

krxsnoopy

answer this question.

how many playoff series has tracy mcgrady won for the rockets?

2nd part of the question is , were you happy with that result?

I'm biased to the truth.

So let's say I'm older than you and I've watched Hakeem Olajuwon take the Rockets to 3 NBA Finals and win 2. Don't you think that witnessing him and witnessing a superstar who can't even play more than 20 playoffs games , that I can tell the difference between greatness?

Let's say you saw Yao Ming, an Asian ball player who actually was a starter and an all star and a hall of famer, and then you see someone like Jeremy Lin jack up airballs as Rocket, do you think there's a difference?

13. tinman

Supporting Member

McGrady 0 playoff series wins in entire tenure with the Rockets
    Harden -western conference series with the Rockets

McGrady - career with rockets over, traded to New York like a used hyundai excel
    Harden - still our best player, still an all star

14. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

It's because Asians in the NBA is rare so criticizing and praising Lin isn't going to be like critiquing your every day marginal player. Also, you seem like a intelligent and fair-minded guy, we both know that racial sensitivity towards Asian isn't taken seriously like they are with blacks or Muslims. Aziz Ansari said it best when he said people don't give a ***** about racism towards Asians and Indians. We had the same problems with YOF's but it was easier to handle since Yao was a legitimate all-star, a Rocket his entire career, and was taken 1st overall so the Rockets were already in full commitment mode to make him a franchise player.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't care about race on internet bulletin board for Rockets fans.

I don't like fans who aren't Rockets fans coming here and forcing their agenda .

They insulted Clutch and called him racist and then they start saying Jeremy Lin is Asian Jackie Robinson.

They also insulted the city of Houston and state of Texas

1. these idiots forgot we got Yao Ming

2. Houston is a diverse city

Like I said, If I could throw all these LOF in a hot pot in hell. they belong in it like cabbage.

16. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

this thread is the very reason why I want the Rockets to fail this season, too much hypocrisy, hatred, bigotry and arrogance among all of us....tsss

1 person likes this.
  17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

tinmac being linconsistent again? what else is new???

18. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Tinsatan is a lost headcase here in clutch. Does not realize he is joke to most real rocket fans. The ones that support him are his hating followers. We all can see he is not a true blue rocket fan. He latches on to tmac and lin hate because that is the only form of acceptance he can get anywhere in his life. Its a pretty sad story but true.

He hates god too and this he has curse the rockets.

1 person likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

I never want the Rockets to fail, people who do that shouldn't join Clutchfans.

All the people who think Lin is more important than the Rockets should suck on chicken feet.

20. shlhl

shlhl Member

you should be happy now since Rocket is in the hell so does their Fan,:eek: