1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 4/7/2016

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Apr 7, 2016.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Warriors going in. I think this is a trick by Popp so the Warriors will let their guard down in the playoffs.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Steve Kerr going ape****. When have you seen JB get mad?

3. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I think they're beating a 65-12 team by 12 at halftime right now. Whatever you say.

4. MD_in_Training

Spurs are pretenders in the world of the Warriors.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Above average shooters win games, Genius. I wonder if Morey knows this?

6. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

You don't only lose like 25 games the last two years with just a great offense.

With Draymond Green in the game, the Warriors can play any style and be very good because they are capable of playing elite level defense.

7. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I also want to note that last year, the Rockets had a very good team defense (maybe fringe top 10)

Biggest difference between last and this year.

8. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

omg spurs so many illegal screens!!

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I used to not like the Warriors. After experiencing the Rockets play this season nightly vs how the Warriors carry themselves as a collective - I've grown fond of them.

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

is tim duncan about to be 40 or 80?

also, bogut should be suspended 5 games every time he complains to the refs about being called for an illegal screen/grabbing the defender on a drive by another warrior.

11. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I turned into a big Warriors fan this year, up 20 yet Kerr is mad about the wasted possessions/turnovers

It's just beautiful basketball, teamwork, defense, effort, everything.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Good thing i was so angry about our disgraceful loss I didnt sit to watch this bore.

13. Awesome

Awesome Member

Pop aint showing his hand

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

God. Plz. Spurs gonna get their **** pushed in .......during playoffs.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

That's not the point of what I was saying. I wasn't arguing against defense. But if you are going to shoot so many three's you should get people who can shoot above average three's (Keep them if you have them already). The Rockets shoot so many three's and lose so many close games that if you replace bad shooters with good ones you go from 9th to 4th place in the standings even with bad defense. You wont win a chip but you also wont suck. And one can argue that the Warriors are super elite because of his defense but their shooting is incredible and it doesn't matter who is defending them they still will make shots. The NBA is not a defensive league anymore it's an offensive one. Better shooters in general have better results defense is an added bonus. By the way making more shots is also a type of defense because it keeps teams from rebounding the shot and getting a possession before you've gained any points.

16. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

That's just not true. Just about every NBA champ of the last 10 years had a top 10 defense. Defense still matters quite a lot. The Warriors had a top 5 defense last year.

I watched every Warriors game this year, while they have great shooters, there are games where they don't shoot too well, and yet... they still win... because of their defense.

Again, the difference between the rockets last year and this year is last year we played very good defense, top 10 defense. They didn't actually shoot any better last year than this year. Actually

Ariza, Beverely both higher %s this year. Harden has shot a bit worse around 35%.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You're missing the point I doubt you read my post. I never said defense wasn't important as a matter of fact I said the Rockets would win a lot more games with better shooters but wouldn't win the championship.

18. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

and my point is, we won a lot more games last year with worse shooters than we have now..

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You responded to me not the other way around you are acting as if I said we wouldn't win more games with better defense. That's obvious we are the worst defensive team in the league.

Let me break it down to you since you seem not to understand what Im saying. Our shooters are terrible. We shoot the most or second to most threes in the league. We lost a lot of very close games. Now common sense says if you are gonna shoot so many three's it would help to have a team good at shooting threes. The Rockets would be a much better team if they shot the ball better (They likely wouldn't win a chip) but it would atleast be fun to watch and we would be winning. It would also make a hell lot more sense. Finally getting above average or atleast on average shooters is relatively cheap and easy. They don't have to be elite defensive players because we are not an elite defensive team anyway. This would be a cheap stop gap this year until you get a coach and better players. If you look at the old phoenix suns they won a lot of games with no defense because they had great shooters.

You are a making a very simple subject hard by talking about defense when I never mentioned defense in my initial post. You are essentially arguing with yourself.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member