1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Future of TJ, KJ and Smoove

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aussie rocket, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

I was once sold on TJones, but he never grew up.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

yeh, I don't see anyone wanting to give dwight a 5 year contract - given injuries/age... and I don't see teams wanting to give him much yearly salary escalation - if anything I think someone would be looking to frontload with the cap explosion - while retaining some flexibility in future years and hoping for younger prospects...
    DMo is the wildcard... given the whole Detroit scenario idk how that will play on the market... plus it's not like his numbers are great... the range you mentioned seems right - but who knows... lol
    Just a question of how much we're willing to give up to shake lose of Brewer... maybe we get lucky and some team strikes out in free agency and is desperate to get to the minimum salary line and will take him cheap... maybe we strike out and have the $ to spare.... it'll be a Jeremy Lin scenario where if we need the cap room on a timetable it'll cost us - prob a 1st - like it did to shuffle off Lin...

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

TJ sucks, absolutely no need to invest any money in him

KJ, don't really have an opinion on, his money isn't big so I have no problem keeping him around for a while

Smoove, he's a minimum contract player at this point. I don't mind keeping him around, especially at the money he is going for now, nothing wrong with him as a 10th man kinda guy

4. Naismith

Naismith Member

He might be better

5. onreego

onreego Member

I thought you can't get the extra year with a s&t anymore? Took it out in the last CBA. Less incentive for stars that try to leave smaller market teams. At least that's what I remember. Could be wrong though.

6. onreego

onreego Member

Here you go:

No point in a sign and trade at this point. Just renounceing Dwight and letting him walk is their best move if they are trying to clear space.

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

In what league?????
    Dude, I love Beasley but slow your roll.
    Klay Thompson is the 3rd best player on a championship team.

Man this forum makes Rockets fans look so bias and delusional.

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Jones and Smith are gone. Brewer, Jet, likely Bev and maybe Dmo too.

If you add two max deals you need KJ for cheap wing depth.

Conley/Goudelock
    Harden/KJ
    Durant/Ariza
    Dmo/Beasley
    Capela

Something like this is doable.

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Doc and SVG weren't good coaches?? Face it the dude is done.