1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Calm down...again] Sitting at .491 and at 8th seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Feb 18, 2016.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

2. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

THE PROPHECY... MARCH 4th... COMING TRUE 20 DAYS LATER

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Teams like this do not deserve to be in the playoffs.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

:cool:

Calm down.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

As usual the best nights for the Rockets this season are when they don't play.

6. supercoolBeas

supercoolBeas Member

This Rockets team remind me of Miami's situation last year. Heat fans wanted to either get in as 7th something seed or get to use its top 10 protected pick. There was no point in getting the 8th only to be clobbered by Cleveland while also handing out a pick to Philly in the process. The end result? MIA missed the playoffs, was exactly positioned to keep its pick, and eventually got Winslow. Though in comparison to this year, I don't think you could say the same for this draft class but you never know.

As a non-biased opinion, I honestly think this Rockets team still HAS the ability to upset OKC as a 6th seed despite everything going on. The tools are there, it's the execution part that needs some work to make it happen...best of luck guys. If I was a long-time fan, I would seriously vomit if I see teams like Portland make it before my team

7. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Don't play ... move up in the standings.

Play ... move down.

8. dawesome

dawesome Member

I just got the feeling that we will get lucky and survive. We will be in playoff. For me, at any given situation and circumstances, theres no such thing as giving up.Not to mention tanking. Fight till the end. This is the reason why I have been following Rockets since 87. I have seen good times and bad times. Off course, theres some dissapoinmens but Rockets have made my days too..its just part of being a fan. Being in the playoff, even though we might not go all the way or even being swept in the first round, it will prolong my days when I wake up, I have an NBA game to look for. Seeding is not that important, just be in the playoff. I leave the management of the team to the experts, Im sure they are always trying to make things better.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

How are we the 8th seed I thought utah had the tie breaker???

10. Codeskye

Codeskye Member

in my opinion, it's better to play against warriors than get spurs in the first round.

games will be slower come playoff time, and spurs are the best at playing that style.

11. try

try Member

No, the Rockets have the tiebreaker. Head-to-head, the teams are 2-2, so the record against the Western conference counts. Here, Houston is 24-22, while Utah is 19-23.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

the warriors make teams play there style, not the other way around. no way do the rockets have a better chance against GS than the Spurs. People like to kid themselves. were talking about a historically great team and they for some reason have a better chance against them. I don't think so

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Rockets have a 1% chance of beating the Spurs.

They have a 1.5% chance of beating the Warriors.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Those decimal places need to be moved to the left a couple spots.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

a 1% chance is all i need. someone get morey on the phone and tell him to hire this guy onto his analytics team. i told you we dont suck! its impossible, too much talent. warriors showing no respect to the bulls record and winning with midget ball lieups and jackin up threes like sissies. SISSY BOYS! THATS NOT HOW YOU PLAY BASKETBALL! STOP IT!

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sitting at 7th update

18. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

My heart can never rest with the rockets even if we have huge leads, we always kind of lets the opposing teams back with bad offensive sets and poor defense, judgement all combined together.

Ugh why can we ever win with a safe margin ..

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's almost like, who even cares anymore? hard to believe it's nearly April and we're going to be below .500. :(

1 person likes this.
  20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This would be an incredibly exciting season if our team had 5 rookie starters.