1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire Bickerstaff Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

He was tutored throughout his entire professional career by Kevin McHale.

No one, and I mean no one could say without laughing that he would be a competent head coach.

And I'm not blaming JB. He was doomed to fail. You can't make it when you've learnt from someone so incompetent for year after year.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

they should hire hungrier assistant GMs and JBB is as good as gone.

3. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

i hate them so much

4. houtown

houtown Member

Why not blame Bickerstaff, is he not his own man, to be his own coach, and was not Phil Jackson an assistant to Doug Collins at the time? Bickersaff is who he is as a coach, I do not get this do not blame Bickerstaff stuff going on at the moment?

5. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

I thought Morey was a stat/numbers guy, but the decisions he has made this year truly confound me.

First of all, he should have brought in more competent players other than just Lawson. This team suffers from a serious lack of talent. I know we made it to the WCF last year, but from a purely analytic point of view, we kind of overachieved that season.

In 2014-2015, we were 12th in Ortg and 8th in Drtg overall. Our point differential was +3.4, 5th among the WC teams. That's not that good. Our expected W/L based on the team metrics was merely 50-32. The only reason we manged to pull out 56 wins was simply because Harden was balling out of his mind that year, and showed strong performance during clutch moments, winning most of the close games.

We were just 1 game away from falling down to 6th seed in the conference, and the only reason we were able to finish as 2nd was because Spurs lost their final game against the Pelicans. And of course, we had one of the unlikely miraculous comeback in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

This all points to the fact that 2014-2015 Rockets were not really as good as their final achievement (finishing 2nd in WC, advancing to WCF). Morey should have realized this and directed his energy towards revamping the roster, especially finding players who can score without Harden literally spoon feeding them with lobs and kick out passes. Our current best 2nd offensive option is Michael freakin' Beasley. Nothing against the guy, but that just shows you how thin our roster line-up is.

And of course, if Morey were really that good, he should've kinda anticipated Dwight's decline, but that's neither here nor there at this point.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not entirely JB's fault.

1. He spent 4 years in Hou and several years before that under the "tutorship" of one of the worst head coaches to ever step foot in the NBA - Kevin McFail

2. The above mentioned Mcidiot let the players do whatever the F they wanted with o repercussions and holding no one accountable. He basically set the platform for the convoluted cluster **** we are seeing out there. How can you expect the players to listen to his assistant who is just one of the boys?

3. Daryl Mauri loves him some puppet head coach who he can control through spreadsheets and advanced pivot tables. None better than Milk Hair and JB.

JB is a bad head coach today but a lot of it falls on the fat number crunching geek who has never seen a gym

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

Anyone that wants Morey to leave is just plain stupid. It's that simple. JB needs to go and we need a real coach yes, but our GM is one of the top 10 in the business, arguably top 5.

8. SexualChocolate

I am really confused by this post! The fat geek who has never seen a gym? The fat geek is a top 10 arguably top 5 GM in the league.

JB is awful... The Rockets team has lots of talent on it. Actually it has two of the top players at its respected position in the league on the roster.

Now lets quietly sit down and maybe you should hit the gym before talking about DM.

1 person likes this.
  9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

dont forget picking fights on Twitter with other basketball forums accounts just because, what a douche.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Who hired JB? And who hired the previous failure that is McFail?

11. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

It is JB's fault we are losing games like this. We have so much talent and he doesn't know how to use them. He takes out players who are hot for the stars to come in and give no effort. I honestly believe if Mchale was still the coach he play whoever was giving him the most energy and making plays. I don't understand why he keeps going with harden and howard at the end of games when you know they are not on the same page. Harden holds onto the ball to long. I say play the other guys and get them some work because if it hasn't worked yet it's not going to work in the playoffs so get the young guys some playing time and lets move on to next year. Honestly i wish we don't make the playoffs to Les will get pissed and clean house. I'm sure morey will still be around though which i'm fine with since he has made moves we all wanted and tried to make more to improve this team.

12. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

I don't think McFail was a complete Failure. Who was the one that sat harden for the whole 4th quarter when our backs were against the wall? Harden may not have liked that but it needed to be done and it got us the win. I didn't like everything Kevin did but when things were bad he would give others a chance. JB just keeps sticking with the same ole guys wishing they would finally start clicking again but that S**t ain't happening

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If we don't put a BASKETBALL guy at least on even footing with Morey we will never win anything.

DD

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

From Hero to Zero

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Dang dang dang. Been saying this all year. I love dm. But it's like the Gary Kubiak situation. U gotta fire him for this season n to get a good coach in. Don't Get Me Wrong I Bet U He Gonna Go Somewhere Else get it done after learning his lesson to give the head coach his more autonomy. Buy right now no good coach will let dm control them so if we want thibs. We gotta let go

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Solution:
    Les should make the Rockets use the visiting lockeroom and give the good one to the visiting team, until this team learns to give a damn and start shaping up. Give the buffet and massages to the visitors and let the Rockets get what they deserve.

17. hakeemthagreat

Agree 100%

Morey should get the MAJORITY of the blame. He fired Adelman just so he could pick the coaching staff and implement this gimmick Moreyball offense. He's coddled Harden and basically created this circus atmosphere surrounding the Rockets. Our organization used to be among the most respected, now the top FA's avoid Houston. Somehow Daryl Morey almost never is mentioned in any of these stupid rants on what's wrong with the team:rolleyes:

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

You know the season is bad when Clyde is making sense when it comes to rotations and what plays the team should be running.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is true, but he did not fire Adelman, he offered him a new conditional contract with conditions that Adelman would never agree to - allowing DM to pick his coaching staff.

I said when we hired McHale that Morey's tenure would be defined by this hiring, and so far, it has......what a boneheaded mistake....if we had a QUALITY coaching staff, and yes, that means one that might want to shoot a few midrange jump shots, we would be much better off.

BTW - Calvin Murphy is in the hall of fame because of the midrange jumpshot.

DD

20. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

McHale should have never been fired. Our lack of serious talent is obvious. Bickerstaff is done after the season is over. The real bet is how long it takes for him to be fired? The next day? Right after the last game?

I hope we do not make the playoffs. I dont want to get swept out of the first round. The playoffs are a reward for a good season, this team deserves no rewards.

We need a hard nose coach and a serious talent influx. Its a shame to have fallen so far so fast.

Theres always next year! Go Rockets!