1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire Bickerstaff Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Nov 18, 2015.

1. sand333

sand333 Member

Its Time for Daryl Morey and Jb Bickerstaff to go!!!

Daryl Needs to go for picking J.B Bickerstaff to be the head Coach

(1) Every game JB makes his Substitution way to late, after the damage is done he figures its time to take a player out.

(2) Playing small ball, The Times that he decides to go small it has never worked and he keeps doing the same thing over and over again, which you are going to get the same results.

(3) He plays Jason Terry and corey brewer way too much and McDaniels gets no playing time.
    McDaniels should be playing 15 to 20 minutes per game, even if he sucks on offense he can guarding the other teams best player.

(4) When the bench player are playing good and increasing the lead He takes everyone out and plays the starters. At times J.B has taken the best player out to give minutes to someone else.

(5) He runs the same play over and over again in the 4th quarter, and every team that we play knows the play we run.

(6) Play Beasley in the 4th quarter more and run plays for him. The way Beasley is playing, his the second best scorer that this team has.

Play (Howard, Beasley, Ariza, Mcdaniel and Harden) together and see how much better the defense gets

J.B is the worst coach i have seen in my life.

2. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

show me a better GM and coach combo THAT IS ACTUALLY possible next year for this team - maybe i'll think about it

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Im sure theres plenty...

4. houtown

houtown Member

The problem is that Bickerstaff wants the team to reflect how he got a job through cronyism and who he is, and who possibly he is, is a person who was granted jobs and opportunities due to his dad, despite there being better talent available that would have gotten the job, kind of the same way he treats the bench and his players, better talent available but stubbornly sticks to inferior talent at the time. This has been talked about before at nausea on this board about McHale and his staff, and now things have come to to the surface, due to the stubbornness and arrogance of this organization, and now, possible Morey's legacy may be entangled with McHale and his lack of forethought when it came to what makes a good coach. Maybe the people on this board are not so wrong, ignorant, quick to judge on certain aspects of basketball as some may have thought at the time.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

JBB can't be blamed here, Morey thrust him into this position.

6. houtown

houtown Member

But he was he not an assistant position for years before, do you think that maybe he should have been prepared for the "thrust" into this position near the beginning of the season as an assistant coach?

7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

They didn't respect or listen to his boss. Why they would buy into what the subordinate is selling doesn't make much sense.

8. houtown

houtown Member

I agree, hence why they may be a flaw with the previous assistant and head coach, and I do not understand the promotion when it happened in the first place. I do not know what the thinking was in the organization behind the promotion at the time.

9. Lightsnowaction

In Morey We Trust. One of the best GNs I know. Not his fault this team has massively underachieved.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He could've made changes he didn't, in that respect yes it is. But I don't think he should be fired just yet. JB definitely has to go though.

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

not sure if serious. Out of every GM out there, Morey has had the most say, he's practically stuck his face into coaching since Adelman left. It is absolutely on him, the majority actually.

12. Lightsnowaction

I agree, changes should have been made like the Jarrett Jack deal, Trey Burke deal, or even the Markieff deal to.send away Brewer. JBB has tried hardest, but is too connected with a few players because of last season's success.

13. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I agree 100%. We've been saying this **** for so long. Sometimes I feel like the people involved in the organization don't watch these Rockets.

14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Correction, I agree with your assessment of the coach. Morey needs a little more time, there's no better gm out there to replace him. Remember, he was forced into firing Mchale. JB is simply Morey's "Let me do my job" message to Les.

15. underrated015

underrated015 Member

daryl got the players but forgot to build a foundation and a system in place for the players to succeed.

16. sand333

sand333 Member

The only reason Daryl Morey picked JB was so Rockets could run the same offense. Daryl Morey is a Amazing GM for finding talents and the best deal available. But he wants to run the offense his way and thats where the problem is. None of the good coaches wane come to a team and have to listen to the GM how to run the offense. Kevin McHale and J.B are perfect examples of the coaches Morey wants to have so he could control and run his offense.

1 person likes this.
  17. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

JB IS KILLING US WITH HIS DIRTY CRONYISM.

18. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Morey completely botched this season. For the 100th time, if we are not going to be elite defensively, at least get some guys who can score the damn ball. If you compare our roster to other elite teams, it's really not that deep. We overachieved last season due to Harden's herculean effort and some fortunes falling on our way, but strictly in terms of talent we need way more than we currently have.

19. houtown

houtown Member

I actually think this team is talented, I do not think that to be a valid excuse for being a ninth seed, this team still probably should be a top four team in this league at this time.

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You have no idea how good Brewer's back and foot massages are after a hard day at work.