1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 3/22/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Too young, and too naive.

- John Blair

2. kudos1017

kudos1017 Member

Ah man, the inbounds being behind James kinda threw the play off. If he catches it on the run it would've been a much closer and easier lob to Dwight. As played, it was still there, and James is capable, but a lower % play. Still would've preferred us running clock and just taking a 3 at the buzzer with Utah tomorrow

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is why it was dumb as....

Even if he gets the ball they will tackle him before they let him get a dunk.

Honestly man the only play in that situation should be a Harden chuck or passing it to an open shooter. Dwight shouldn't even be in the game for offense.

Put Dmo at C, Beas at 4...STRETCH THE FLOOR. Defense or rebounding doesn't matter in that situation.

4. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

There are still many people on this forum that have delusions regarding Dwight's defense. The guy just is not good at it anymore, let alone elite. He's flat out BAD.

5. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Good point. There is a very good argument that Howard should have not been in the game.

6. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

I have saved more $$ this season by not going to as many games and used it to pay my student loan so I got that going for me *sigh* alot more dead inside but yeah..

7. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Ummmm.... Ariza, Brewer and HARDEN shot 13-41. Beasley shot 5-12, which while isnt amazing, is not bad. Why include him when he actually shot better than our star who was 7-17???? AND turned the ball over on the last play, along with multiple other key plays (5TOs, wtf)?

8. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I said the same thing after that play because Dwight looked at Harden as if it was someone elses fault that their big man got an easy layup.

9. bro2044

bro2044 Member

because OKC barely had any calls on them in the entire 4th Q.

10. bro2044

bro2044 Member

EXACTLY....GDMT, exactly.

11. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

Looks like Dwight was trying to pass the ball back to Terry.

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

after watching that video a couple of times I don't think the pass was as bad as I originally wasn't a good pass not really the best but a 610 C should have definitely caught that ball. Regardless that's a stupid play anyways even if Dwight does catch it he's just going to get hacked there is no way Adams nor waiters let him get up a shot

13. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

It was definitely catchable. Just a little off target, but a player like Tim Duncan definitely would have catched that. Dwight commits so many turnovers simply because he can't hold on to the ball, which is just pathetic.

14. Rocketeer4Life

When the Thunder scored easily in that baseline inbound pass, that changed the momentum of the game… Also, Jb played too much Brewer instead of Beasley again…. This game is on JB in my opinion.

15. jayland

jayland Member

This is what happens when Dwight doesn't use stickum. :(

16. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This. It was not a good play in that spot of the game at all. Beasley needed to be in the game. The Harden/Beasley PnR has been a successful play. Just don't understand that last play at all.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Made this point as the play was happening. Jbb needs to go.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Lets be real Dwight couldve caught that any other big we had wouldve caught that. Stop making excuses for the guy.

19. anchel

anchel Member

Looks like he was fouled by Waiters.

20. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I'm just waiting for this season to end.