1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 3/19/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Fantasma Negro

I don't know about yall but I can't wait to get rid of Dwight Howard. A front court combo of Beasley and Whiteside is going to be so sweet

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Cough...team meeting...cough

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol he dribbles the ball because no one is moving to create an option.....

he didn't have many turnovers today at all

4. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Howard was good in rebounding and protecting the paint, but boy he can't do jack **** against stretch bigs...

5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Good Lord you're one of the biggest Harden apologist in the world.

1 person likes this.
  6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

We had no one helping Beasley to score off the bench

7. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

The politics are palpable.

Its interesting to see that even tho we have "statistically" a great center and perimeter player we are a donut team - no heart or leadership.

this team lacks an identity in the wors t way and the guys that play with a broader team oriented purpose and hustle sit when it counts.

I like how Morey's approach brings complimentary players that can contribute and always has, but they are missing something when it comes to checking elite players outside of their statistical impact.

In dwight and james the team has two players that produce top notch statistically, but lack in a lot of other areas.

I'm not sure what can be done to fix this right now outside of them just playing the guys that are going hard on a regular extended basis (dmo, beasley) but today's game like many others expose what is wrong with this team.

8. MD_in_Training

They are both better at scoring than Beasley, and LMA draws double teams consistently. Beasley is a great pick up, but his role is a good 6th man. He's shooting 55% from the field, and I entirely expect him to regress to the mean and shoot in the 45-48% range.

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

no, it is just everyone attacks the one guy that is consistent for us, even when we win, people still sook about him. He wasn't the problem tonight, the bench was, the Hawks bench killed us

Also it doesn't help when Ariza, Beverley and Howard go a combined 6-26 on the night

10. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Harden struggled at the end, but keep in mind he sprained his ankle in 3Q. He's usually clutch so this was more of an anomaly for him. besides, it was our horrific defense that lost the game. still can't figure out who is the culprit, tho. those wide open 3s... jesus

11. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Ariza and bev. Meh. But agreed on everyone else.

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

his last full season he shot 49 percent

13. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

If you're still making excuses for Harden's ridiculous TO's then you're simply delusional... dude has has had 20 TO's in just the past 3 games, which led to roughly 34 pts for the other team. He's just doesn't give a damn, it's simple as that. He's about to set the record for the most TO's in a season

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Harden had a good game except for those 3 turnovers which aren't alot. What mattered was Brewer not making any of his shots per usual and Ariza missing almost of his 2-10 is awful Terry 1-3 that's what lost us the game.

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

Beasley isn't all star caliber smh. There's a reason he was in China.

16. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

You guys are r****ded Dwight was amazing yall just dont give him his credit him and beasley definitely were the best 2 rockets on the floor tonight

17. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Dwight did good job inside the paint, but he got murdered as usual from the outside. Stretch bigs like Horford is his kryptonite.

18. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said earlier I'm not putting the whole loss on Harden tonight but when you are the best player on the team and a self proclaimed MVP caliber player, you can't have a donut in the last Q of a winnable game, have no real positive impact on the team down the stretch and expect no criticism. I feel in order for Harden to possibly reach his full potential he needs a real coach. But anyway, Harden I feel deserves most of the criticism he gets.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol most of the turnovers in the last game were not even his fault.

Westbrook would have set the turnover record last season if he had of played 82 games

i don't get the fascination with turnover numbers anyway because the ball handler get given the turnover even if the player they pass it to fumbles it

harden only had 3 turnovers tonight anyway

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i think he was trying to get the ball in to Beasley's hands in the 4th quarter, to keep the hot hand going