1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 3/16/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Your are the epitome of a basketball fan who knows nothing about basketball....like 60% of this site, it sucks how our fans are so clueless when it comes to the game itself, but love to look up numbers that NEVER tell the story of whats really going on.

unless ofcourse your end goal was to have mr clutch fall in love with you, we know how much he loves harden haters being the king of them. Nits and picks on our star when the rest of the team is below average.

2. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

If that's not an omen that KD is going to be a Houston rocket, I don't know what is.

3. Yellow

Yellow Member

We don't run plays, how do we even expect to win ey

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Had no rhythm, weren't in sync, blahblahblah same **** 68 games in.

Breaking news: You weren't "in sync" the previous 16 games when you came out flat and trailed after the first quarter in 16 straight games.

Constantly behind from the start and constantly trying to fight and climb uphill. I guess that's what happens when you don't play defense?

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't it be a refreshing change to see our guys shut down an opposing team during the 1st quarter? I've lost track of who we played the last time that happened.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Refreshing to see Harden call himself out. That's been one of my biggest gripes about him, is taking ownership. That's part of leadership. I actually am less concerned about Harden's defense than I am about his leadership and taking ownership of the team. He can grow into that though.

7. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

Memphis Grizzlies and Lakers, that's about it

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Why should he take responsibility. We did not lose because of James Harden.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

One of the things James has frequently been criticized for in this forum has been lack of leadership, criticism I understand. Calling himself out for his play is a form of leadership and something he typically wouldn't make a point of in the past. More often than not, he would make a bland statement after a loss directed more at "team play" than at himself. "We need to... " rather than, "I need to... ." While this may be a small step, it is a step in the right direction. Taking ownership of poor team play by calling himself out is a good thing.

10. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Harden is a great offensive star in the mold of melo. We will win many games with Harden on our team against average and below average team where his stats will be +30pts, 8 rbs, 8 asst. However, to be an elite team that will win championships the current Harden is not the answer. If he can mature as a player and develop his game more like Lebron, yes we can be elite with the right group of players around him and the right coach. If he becomes Melo 2.0, we are doom to be a playoff team that may get close but will always be beaten by some better coached all around team.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I hate posts like these that ignore the fact that LeBron didn't win anything until he played with two other all stars. He still has two all star caliber players and failed to win in the finals with them injured last year. No one can do it alone.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes, yes indeed!

13. Drogba

Drogba Member

Think Harden's frustrated with himself and the team. Taking his frustration out on that chair and calling himself out in public are both actions completely out of character. The nuts about to crack if it hasn't already.

These are prideful athletes that have been winning their entire life. The frustration will eventually boil over and some people are going to be thrown under the bus soon.

14. onreego

onreego Member

Ah, so if he can mature next to two other stars? Got it. Kick dem cans, Morey!

15. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Great players use that as energy to fuel themselves up a notch. Harden needs trim some fat, lean up, become more dynamic on offense and defense. If lebron can lean up, harden can too!

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Might be a good sign, who knows, but I'm skeptical as we all should be. The Rockets have talked all year about turning corners, feeling good, great focus, renewed energy during practice etc. We might have a chance to show it on the Riverwalk in San Antonio for at least 2 games.

17. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Why you hating? It happened with Paul "the truth Pierce in Boston. He change his game once they became the big 3.

Let's see if Morey can bring us Kevin Durant and Chris Paul...lol

18. rockets13champs

We have to gp back to using both dwight and james