1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is scary -- please, JVG, don't be a Mase Man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xiki, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

On that Bucks team, that was being torn apart by Karl vs. management, I think the're average. Like I said, if he's cheap...and I mean real cheap.....then I take a flyer on him.

2. RikQuik

RikQuik Member

Ahhh....add Mason.....add Oakley......anyone know where John Starks is these days?...

hmmm...this sounds so familar....maybe we can trade Moochie for Charlie Ward........

And Now, for your Houston Knicks staring lineup.....

3. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

Trade Cato for a decent SF/PF and use Mason as a backup center. That would be the only way I would want to pick him up.

4. haven

haven Member

Well, looking on the bright side if he does joint the team, at least we don't have much chemistry to disrupt :).

Mason's tough, rebounds well, and passes pretty well, too. He's also an *******. I tend to think signing him would be a bad idea, but I can see the benefits as well. The Bucks have a different equation because they don't expect to win next year; we do.

5. verse

verse Contributing Member

mason is a ballhog. why add a ballhog to this team? :confused:

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's an average at best rebounder, he pulled down almost the same number per game as Eddie Griffin did despite Griffiin only getting 24 minutes or so a game as compared to Mason's 32. Not so hot.

7. Lionheart

Lionheart Member

So, you guys would want to get Charles Oakley but you wouldnt
    want Mason? Mason on any given night is twice the player that
    Charles is.

During his prime he was a heck of a player. Another Antoine
    Walker type of a guy. A big man with presense in the middle and
    the ablility to bring up the ball. He has the weight to Guard
    Shaq inside the paint and the quinkness to guard the 3-spot.

I say he might be the missing link that we've been looking for.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Twice nothin' is still old(, at best).

9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

alot of people want a force as a forward. mason is stong and works hard, i would want him in our team.

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

No question he is twice the player that old b*stard Oakley is. Charles Oakley is a piece of garbage and I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Rockets, the guy is a thug. Mason I MIGHT consider, but I still think the Rockets are better off trying to trade for someone like Dale Davis since I think Portland might be willing to deal him.

11. xs28

xs28 Member

yup, lets get mason and oakley in, we've got ewing already so might as well have team meetings at the Gold Club in Atlanta. all we need are free bj's for kids like yao, griffin and boki.

12. haven

haven Member

Hmm. That's weird. I remember Mason being an excellent rebounder.

Perhaps either he's declined with age... or played too much SF for Milwaukee? Dunno.

13. yaonotyo

yaonotyo Member

I would take a gamble with mase, he is the enforcer we have been missing

14. Soji34

Soji34 Member

i know mason does not have a clean history, but he is still a damn good player. he could provide the help we need down low and also the playmaking skills we need from a backup point. granted he's a little wild, but he will still provide that veteran leadership and energy we SOOOOOOOO need on our team. he has a natural ability to get his team pumped up and energetic which, for a team like ours, is vital if we want to win anything. sometimes is seems as if our players lose their emotions throughout the game and we only have franchise trying to pick them up. but he's too young to really motivate some of our veteran players, such as mo and cato. i think mason would regulate that, as well as a lot of cat's wildness on the court.

15. jeerome

jeerome Member

we should take him, he's worth the gamble, excellent backup and veteran mister mean. what do we have to lose?

16. MLC1MGC2ALC3

MLC1MGC2ALC3 Member

This reminds me of a story from the book 'The Winner Within" by Pat Riley. Great Read ! There is a story about Mason and Xavier McDaniels gettting into a fight to see how the alpha men was. This Rockets team needs someone with this kind of mind set.

17. verse

verse Contributing Member

i have to assume that those who are advocating signing anthony mason have not seen him play in the past year. mason is washed up and nothing but a chalk line of the player he used to be.

18. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. Friendly Fan

Friendly Fan PinetreeFM60 Exposed

If Mase comes to Houston, I'll go ten percent on a hit man.

Will 9 others cover 10% each?

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

now that is funny
    :D

QUESTION who do you hit. . . Mase or the person that brought him here

Rocket River
    "JEES! THEY SHOT MASE . .. YOU B*STARDS!!! . . . . .well . .. when is Jayson Williams' Trial over. . .think he will be a free Agent" - Van Gundy