1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team will never win anything with Brock Osweiler at QB!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Mar 8, 2016.

1. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

RGIII - SO many injuries.
    KAP - Older than Brock by 3 years.
    Fitz - Older than Kap by 7 years.

Of course older and more injured players would be cheaper. I'm sure Vince Young would cost even less than the three listed above. There's typically a reason why the market sets the price of one player higher than his competitors. These 4 QBs are not competing in a vacuum.

Additionally, with him being only 25, if Brock is successful and lives up to his contract, the Texans have found their QB for the next decade potentially. It's a gamble, for sure... but it's one that we had to take at this point in our history.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We know RG3, Kap & Fitz are probably not good enough to get us anywhere. We've seen enough of them. With Brock, you're paying more for what you don't know yet. Which sounds strange yet makes complete sense.

It's the right move.

But if Kap/RG3/Fitz play well for Kubiak and Brock falters - Texans fans are going to lose their minds.

3. conquistador#11

beginning of baylor's 2011 season, i wanted kubiak and kids to take griffin jr jr with the 3rd round to eventually replace schaubie. I'm still interested to see what kubiak can do with RG out of curiosity. denver should sign him.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Was reading the post but when I read the highlighted sentence I legit laughed. I realize it wasn't even intended to be funny, but it was for me.

That is all.

1 person likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think Kap is the PERFECT QB for Kubiak. He needs a simple offense and is ok with a simple offense. He'll thrive in the Kubiak system which is built off a quick read and then check downs to tight ends or running backs that are always open. Kubiak's offense is consistently move the ball down the field in small chunks but rarely requires the QB to process a lot of information and attack the defense in a complicated manner.

Kap will do well there I believe.

6. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

The thought of young, healthy RGIII running those Kubiak bootlegs makes my knees weak, admittedly. That being said, at this point I think we know more about Oswieler and his ability to be our QB for 16 games than we do RGIII.

Don't get me wrong, Elway signs or franchises Brock and I'd be first in line to take a cheap flyer on Bob Griffin. But now we have our QB - and since it's Bobby Mac's money and not mine - I'm glad we're paying BO17 $37 million to be our guy instead of paying a few million for an RGIII lottery ticket.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree.

8. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Things to keep in mind, 61% completon percentage, 6'7 and doesn't seem to get hurt, and most important, 14 million guaranteed. If he stinks after next year, you cut him and you go on business as usually. They can still draft a QB until you find one you are in love with, which would be wise consider the state of the NFL. Very little down side to this move.

To the people against this move.....

[​IMG]

9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. Marteen

Marteen Member

Fans in Denver are salty and can pretend like they're better off, but deep down they know this sucks on major levels. Last thing they needed was to lose a young QB being groomed for years behind arguably the greatest QB of all time. People will bring up Hoyer, but I feel Brock is different. He looked poised and impressed the hell out of me at times last year. Did something Hoyer couldn't do last year, beat the Patriots at home...in the snow. And the Texans will be going to Denver and New England on the road this year.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Marteen

Marteen Member

@zeeshan: I say this as a heterosexual male, Brock's actually a very good looking man. Kind of looks like that guy from Twilight and Harry Potter.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Oz is walking on to a Playoff Team
    A 9 Win Team with a First Round Exit
    South Conference Champs

That is the Bar to get over . . ..
    10 Wins won't impress me
    Second Round will

Rocket River

14. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I'll take "Understanding Results Related to Schedule Difficulty" for 500, Alex!

15. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

You know this how? from my standpoint he looked better than Kap last year..(Kap hasn't looked good since they went to the Superbowl) and another guy that did not play at all. We all know what Fitzpatrick is capable of. You are just spewing hate just to spew hate..almost seems like you have something personal in this matter. I am surprised you did not mention Vince young or Mike Vick.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Ostensibly Schaub at his best put up stats that should have been able to take a team with the kinda defense he was given to the Super Bowl.

But all of us suspected it, and Schaub's fortuitous injury did nothing to dissuade us from believing it. He has a touch of the Brian Hoyer yips in his bones. Always shrunk from big occasions. Kubiak had the same reputation until this year. The difference is that coaches get more time since their performance does not depend on their body staying healthy.

17. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Most importantly is he has a full head of hair.....:p

18. mario_v

mario_v Member

I don't think he's good looking at all. He's got a nice full head of hair but he's not really a handsome guy.

Now, Aaron Rodgers or tom brady, those guys are hot!!

no homo

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yea he's not bad looking for sure but thought the gif was appropriate for this thread. Plus he's a smooth talker :p

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member