1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 2, 2016.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Bring in Rambo. Harden drew first blood and has the whole city hostage.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Says a lot about where Josh Smith and TJones are at.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Our chemistry is already ****, might as well throw one in there who can make it more fun while we're in it.

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

A great signing, it seems he has settled his life down by getting married and having a kid. Finally we have a forward who can score consistently off the dribble

5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I agree. Too many negative ppl trashing the signing without giving him a shot that maybe he's changed. I don't like the way Morey has handled this season and it's been a complete disaster, but this is a low risk high reward signing. He was the #2 pick for a reason. He has talent he just needs to keep his head on straight which it looks like he's been doing. He's already the 2nd best PF on the team behind Dmo so I don't see the big deal. Hoping things work out for him and the Rockets.

6. "Snosrap

"Snosrap Member

All new, freshly titled "x-factor" c*m season savor !

7. abaker28

abaker28 Member

So we swap a drunk for a stoner. This could be entertaining or a spectacular trainwreck.
    But hell. He's a Rocket now, so he'll get my support and I hope he can turn his career around in H-town.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'd like to see this lineup play, at some point, out of curiosity.

Harden
    Ariza
    Beasley
    Smith
    Dwight

We could put some interesting lineups out there.

9. Victorious

Victorious Member

In an ideal world, beans is the PF we have been looking for....

**takes a hit, passes blunt**

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm going to go out on a limb that Beasley is going to be getting 30 min a game for us by the end of the season snd will be our 3rd highest scorer behind JH and DH.

I have a feeling that he's going to play really well here. I think ppl like him mature and humble themselves after they turn 25 and he's always had a lot of talent.

Something needs to break for the rockets, how cool would it be if freaking Beasley turns out be the missing guy and plays like he was in China? Not saying he gets 32 and 13 but I could see him get 17-20 ppg and 8 rebounds. His game fits well with harden.

I just feel excited about seeing a guy play with harden who can legitly crest his own shot from all the attention he gets.

And if Beasley can hit the 3 like he was in China? Ohh boy he's going to play a lot for this team and he will score 20 ppg.

11. ballgame

ballgame Member

When you go to the next game you need to tell him.;)

12. ibm

ibm Member

the most pathetic signing for the last decade by the rockets? worse than the rod strickland signing.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He couldn't do this when he was younger and had LBJ, Wade, and Bosh to take attention away. So what makes you think he can do it now?

14. opticon

opticon Member

He sounded like a person who has grown up some, judging by the interview. It is not a given that you can last a season in China. A lot of players flame out when they go over.

I will cheer for him as long as he is a rocket.

15. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

Could be this years last years Josh Smith?

16. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

Also wow.. hes 27 years old o.o ?

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not saying i agree completely with that post... but

1. he was younger, immature

2. you're not going to put up a lot of points with three all stars around you, even a star wouldn't. Heat had already won 2 rings, there wasn't a lot of opportunity there to come in and be free to "do his thing"

He's automatically our third best scorer, maybe second. If his mind is right and he gets minutes..it wouldn't surprise me to see him make a significant impact.

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

He's a good FT shooter. He allows us to go small (If JBB is smart enough) if they start Hacking D12. I'm willing to bet he eclipses Smoove in the Rotation.

19. dream2franchise

I was perplexed by the signing, but I do want to see him do well here. It benefits himself, his family and the team that he plays to his potential.

We play pretty loose here, perhaps it will fit his game and we desperately need someone that can create off the bounce.

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Beasley is better than TJones and Smoove