1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Riley is a better GM than Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 2, 2016.

?

Better GM

1. Riley

122 vote(s)
    61.3%
  2. Morey

77 vote(s)
    38.7%
  1. dmoneybangbang

Riley is better and is more accomplished. Nothing groundbreaking there as Miami has been a franchise that has mostly stayed competitive as long as the Spurs and won several rings.

Morey is a good GM and Riley is better.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Interesting to compare Bosh & Wade and the rest of that roster (Chalmers, Bibby, Haslem, Miller, maybe Ray Allen) with Harden and Howard with the rest of the Rockets roster.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Normally I'd say something...but damn, J.R just slaughtered everything with these 3 posts.

I don't even think that the oh****kid.gif could do it justice :grin: , but I'll drop it anyways.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Egemen

Egemen Member

I can't wait the next GM when Morey got fired(hope not)

Maybe you will understand while there's nothing wrong to criticise Morey, there aren't much better options in GM market.

Morey has his flaws like 29 other GMs. But most of you fail to notice the circumstances Morey had back in when he became a GM and after T-Mac/Yao era.

When he got the job he had two superstars and he managed the generated a great team around them.(see: 2008-2009 roster) Injurys destroyed that team.

After the T-Mac/Yao era he had to rebuild the team without tanking,land 2 superstars and guess what we had our best season since 1997.(lost generational great team in WCF finals)

Morey isn't flawless. Next summer is big exam for him. He
    'll need to sign top level coach and retool the roster. If he would fail to that than we'll have serious conversation about fire him.

5. andersongo

andersongo Member

What an ignorant post. Do you know that while the Bulls went 72-10 that the Mourning-led Miami also went 61-21? They lost in the conference finals to one of the best teams in history and will be contenders until Mourning went down with kidney problems.

6. andersongo

andersongo Member

This thread is not about criticising Morey for the general ****tiness of the Rockets this year but about how can he be rated higher than an all-time great GM and basketball mind.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Wait, are you telling me that context and circumstances matter?

What? I thought the only thing that mattered was whether there was a ring?

8. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Exactly, Riley has shown over his history that he can win using different styles and adapts his system to his personnel. The championship rings that he has acquired as a result further demonstrate his credibility.

No, see my reply above.

Do you believe that Maury is a better GM than Riley? Yes or no?

I thought you had me on ignore? Why do you still respond?

We're still waiting on you to post another Rockets report card where you give everybody all As after a mediocre season. That was pure comedic gold. Also, you still haven't provided us with that highlight reel to prove one of your old arguments...because it doesn't exist and you don't want to look ridiculous for bringing it up.

I think one of these days we should go back and take a detailed look at some of your posting history. These are just the gems I remember, but I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Your blind homerism is another level. You seriously believe that Maury is a better GM than Riley. You are the queen of homers.

9. andersongo

andersongo Member

You must be imagining things just like Morey and his third star.

10. justtxyank

No I do not think Morey is better than Riley with a small caveat. Part of what makes Riley great as a GM has nothing to do with his actual decision making, but rather the cache his name carriers. A lot of Riley's decisions have actually not been very good, but he has the cache for recruitment that Morey is never going to have. That most GMs are never going to have no matter how good they are at their job.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

So if the Rockets fired Morey and hired Pat Riley, you would be okay with that?

12. Egemen

Egemen Member

Well, original post isn't about this year but other comments are and i writed about other comments.

FYI, I didn't rate Morey higher than Riley but i don't understand Morey/Riley comparisons since it doesn't help our struggles. For me Morey is top 5 GM.

13. justtxyank

Heck yeah, but again with a caveat; not sure how long he'd stick around due to his age.

14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Morey is an excellent GM. Really I think it's a wash as far as "who is better"...results vs. potential. Morey has certainly given us potential for contention. I value his ability to make savvy trades. Beyond that, it's on the coaches and players for results.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Who hires the coaches?

Who gets the players on the roster?

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Because you are as predictable as a you are douchey.

When the Rockets have a down spell you are front in center to throw on the criticism, when they are having success, you are invisible.

You need to be put in your place, and constantly reminded how terrible your basketball opinions are. You want accountability for Morey, well I am holding you accountable for the dumbass **** you have said. Rudy Gay...for **** sake....how many times did you double or triple down on that r****ded opinion?

You have learned though, I will give you that. Outside of being a pile-on lemming, you offer no opinions that can be proven right or wrong. Kudos to you. I don't blame you, as it would be very annoying to have people throw it back in your face constantly.

I have learned too Kwame. I have learned, you, and village idiots like you, are not interested in conversation, you are interested in trolling. Why would I spend the time trying to prove a point to you? The only thing you deserve is to be mocked and laughed at for acting like a douche.

Using insults because you are intellectually incapable of forming a logic based approach. Straight out of the idiot's playbook.

You're adorable.

#136 larsv8, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Miami Dolphins suck, the University of Miami sucks, the Marlins suck (i think, i don't watch baseball)

What about the Spurs? San Antonio the city sucks, but they keep winning all the time.

Sorry , there goes your location advantage argument.

1 person likes this.
  18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Blah, blah, blah...same old homer garbage from you. I've always been here and I have always been consistent in criticizing Maury. It's not my fault that you're his male (or female?) groupie and your emotions won't allow you to see that. Don't worry, you're not the only one.

Who correctly predicted GSW to win the West and win the championship in March of last year and put their hard earned money on both predictions and posted proof while homers like you were writing them off as a gimmick and a lucky team?

How about this? Go through all the predictions I've made on ClutchFans and if there are more losers than winners and more inaccurate predictions than accurate ones, I'll leave this site forever. If there are more winners than losers and more accurate predictions than inaccurate ones, you leave this site forever. Deal?

The NBA Gambling thread alone should settle this debate.

Can't wait for your end of season report card for the Rockets where you give everybody all As again. The highlight package you promised us is sure taking you a long time. Can't wait for more of your excuses. If anybody would've bought into your the Rockets are constantly in contention for a title propaganda, they would have thought the team would have multiple championships by now.

You and your garbage homerism that his littered this site for years have the nerve to call other people's basketball opinions terrible. Everybody knows you're the biggest homer on this website and you offer nothing of value. When challenged, you curl up into a fetus and start hurling insults. You're being held accountable for it...as you should.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

So what are we arguing here?

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Didn't think of that. Repped!