1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Curry: Will finish his career as...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 24, 2016.

?

Stephen Curry will finish his career as?

1. One of the best players of all time

47.6%
  2. The best player of all time

6.8%
  3. One of the best shooters of all time

17.1%
  4. The best shooter of all time

55.4%
  5. One of the best 3 point shooters of all time

13.7%
  6. The best 3 point shooter of all time

44.4%
  7. One of the best ball handlers of all time

22.9%
  8. The best ball handler of all time

3.6%
  9. One of the best point guards of all time

28.9%
  10. The best point guard of all time

7.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

LOL thats funny, Pop says he'll never embrace the 3, yet the 3 is the ONLY reason the Spurs beat the Heat two years ago.

Everyone sure has a short memory, have you all forgotten Danny Green, Mills, Manu, Belinelli, Parker and Kawhi shot a combined 48% from 3 point line in the Finals in 2014? Danny Green was shooting 47% for the playoffs that year, and 48% the year before that.

He's a hypocrite.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I am revising my 3rd statement

I do believe Curry will have a shot at top 10 player all time

3. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

**** man, if he keeps this up it'll be hard to keep him out of the top 5. I hate the guy, but he's so unbelievably good. It's infuriating.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Contrary to you, I like me some Steph Curry

Liked him last season when I called him deserved MVP and better player than Harden

Liked him even more this season when he let his game do the talking when Harden was b****ing about being the real MVP and best player in the world. Worked his ass all off season to get to such all time great great heights

Dude deserves whatever accolades he gets

1 person likes this.
  5. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

I like watching Curry play. I liked watching Jordan, Magic and Bird too (though I was pretty young when Magic and Bird were playing). Those types of players make the game fun, even if they're not suiting up for your team. All of them had the magical quality of making anything on the basketball court seem possible.

Curry plays with such flair and obvious joy, he actually reminds me more of Magic than of Jordan. He'll go behind the back, throw a no-look, fire up a 37 foot three-pointer just because he's feeling it. He plays like he's hunting excitement, like someone who absolutely loves playing. I'm sure all NBA players love playing basketball, but Curry makes it most obvious, channels it into his game the best.

I'm glad we got a magical player in Hakeem, but I don't limit myself just to Rockets. Curry, like Jordan, Bird, Olajuwon, Magic, is a basketball artist.

6. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Curry is just flat out amazing.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The season isn't over yet - so it's premature to say he has had the best season - you never know what can happen.

I say might because only time can be the testament of greatness. He's been remarkable for a year and a half now, and very good for all of his career. But to get to GOAT level, to say he was the greatest shooter to ever play the game - he has to do it for more than one season. That's for sure. How many? I don't know.

But I will say this - it is fun and outstanding to watch.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

By the way this is a rite of passage for great players - to be ripped apart by previous greats until you get accepted by the club and then they protect you. If they aren't ripping you apart then you aren't threatening entering that club.

9. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I'm on the same boat as you. His finesse, basketball IQ, and unlimited range are just incredible. Anyone with the love of basketball can see this. So fun to watch.

He deserved the MVP last year, he deserves it this year as well.

10. Soybean Fanatic

Why?

Shooting-wise, nobody has done anything anywhere close to what he's done in the last 1,5 seasons, considering volume and accuracy.

Even if he stopped playing tomorrow, that would still be the best shooting the NBA has ever seen.

Which means he's the GOAT shooter.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Top 20 ever.

Defensively there is a lot to be desired.

Crazy talent. Makes Reggie Miller look like Dwight at the FT line(kidding).

12. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

great post, completely agree. i was watching the fourth quarter with some non-sports fan friends here in nola last night and got to see curry/GSW in all their glory. pretty sure the nba picked up a few new fans last night, i never thought i'd see any of these people screaming over a basketball game.

curry is just magical to watch. i hated them so much after the wcf, i wanted the cavs to beat them so bad. but you know, at some point you kinda gotta just throw up your hands and admit we're witnessing something incredible here. i still really hate draymond, but i've come to like and even root for curry and thompson. there is no argument when you're talking about 12-three games or 37 point quarters. i get emotional about the rockets, they're in my blood, but i also adore the game of basketball. curry and thompson play like there are no limits, like anything is possible. games like last night are the reason basketball is the greatest sport in the world.

**** it, i never thought i'd love a team not named the rockets more than in '07 when baron davis and stephen jackson wiped the smug off cuban's fat douche face...so i guess the soft spot has been in place awhile.

if the rockets keep slogging along like they've been, i'll still keep watching the playoffs in their entirety. i'd be a pretty damn happy bball fan if it ends up being steph vs. lebron for awhile.

and honestly yeah i respect pop/find him amusing but the spurs can eat **** and die, i hope the warriors wipe them off the map.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Curry would be the top five players all time in the end of his career. He would be the top ten after this year run. He would win another MVP, another NBA title with the 73 wins in the regular season, and a final MVP too, so no one can match this.

14. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Curry is basically the guard version of Shaq. Teams cannot stop him period. The only difference is that Curry works very hard to improve his game while Shaq is lazy, which makes it even scarier.

Short of injuries shortening his career, Curry has a chance to be GOAT. His defense is nowhere as good as MJ, but he compensate more than enough on offense with his insane shooting efficiency. After all, the game is a sum of offense and defense.

15. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

one of the best players of all time

best shooter of all time

on of the best PGs of all time

16. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

his peak will be comparable to MJ23 1991-93

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

People who know basketball realize, rule changes and defense will prevent Curry from GOAT status.

In this current no handcheck Era, 39-year-old Jordan returned from a 4 year retirement and dropped 23 ppg.

Let's just say Curry would have 1000x more trouble adjusting to the 90's vs MJ playing today.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Top 10? Top 5? LMAO. This has got to stop. Four of these players are not in the top 10 ever.

Russell
    Jordan
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bird
    Shaq
    Dream
    Duncan
    Kobe
    LeBron
    Moses
    Oscar
    Dr. J

Yay, his scoring and shooting is insane. He's had two insane seasons and is already 27. When you look at his career in totality and all the other things the above guys were great at, there is no way in hell Curry goes down as a top 10 player. One of Shaq, Dream, Kobe, Duncan and LeBron is not a top 10 player. Neither of them are really considered to be top 5.

Chill out.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i agree with you for the most part. all things considered though, it's truly amazing that we are even having this conversation about him.

two years ago if someone would have made a prediction that curry could have the potential to maybe be in the top 10 players of all time you would have been laughed off the internet. The poster What would have even been blown away.

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

But he doesn't have the potential. Again, one of Shaq, Dream, Kobe, Duncan and LeBron is not a top 10 player. His overall game is not more impactful than either one of those guys, even in his best season. This season doesn't even top what LeBron did in 2013. There is more to the game then scoring.