1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 2/23/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Fantasma Negro

I hope neither play a single second for the rockets the rest of the season

2. TimRox

TimRox Member

feeling about this one

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I am feeling about this one too

4. No Chill Rocket

5. Chexy

Chexy Member

I wouldn't mind some DMo minutes, so long as he doesn't take any from Harrell (if Harrell were to get any).

I don't want Thornton on the floor if that means inhibiting KJ.

6. bobbyh10

bobbyh10 Member

This is a big game for the Rockets outside of the obvious playoff seeding implications. Based on their comments after practice this week, it seems like the players believe they have "turned the corner". Apparently this means that it took 56 games to realize that practice is important and effort and energy are required to win basketball games. That being said, these next two games are important because this could be the last real opportunity to back up their words.

7. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Time to decide who gets in the playoff....

8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

D-Mo is not playing. He is getting a 2nd opinion on his back. Good lord. I mean, really? You've been injured since April. Shouldn't there be like a gigantic team of opinions by now?

Thornton is not playing. Apparently he will be available in Portland. Wonderful. We can fly Josh Smith from New York a few hours before a game to make it, but we can't somehow get Thornton available who only went up to Detroit for a physical 3-4 days ago?

JOSH SMITH is day-by-day. Injury report says ankle. Report also says he had cramps and couldn't finish the game against the Suns.

TERRENCE JONES is day-by-day still with that concussion. Dude it was 3 weeks ago...what.the.hell. NBA concussion protocol is like 1-2 weeks. & only a few minutes if you're Klay Thompson.

:mad:

We get to see how Dwight Howard responds after "we tried to trade you but literally no one wants you."
    Annnnd we get to see how Ty Lawson responds after "dude we couldn't even swap you for Trey fricken Burke"

Still though, I'm excited about this game. Can't help it. Can't get too excited about a W against the Suns even though it's still a W. We got a real game tonight against a real opponent with real playoff implications.

Go Rockets.

9. Chexy

Chexy Member

On the plus side, maybe some real Harrell and KJ minutes?

10. cdrive

I would like that.

For real.

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Don't forget we get to see Trey Burke saying to his team 'really, you thought I was as bad as Lawson?' by blowing up everywhere.

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Ty Lawson and JBB will cost us this game.

13. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Starters might have to play a full 48

The bench isnt giving HOU ****

14. OpenLayup-Why3?

Out of curiosity and jealousy, how many people gave you positive karma for this post? (User CP --> Latest Reputation Received )

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Rockets gonna smash that jazz and finish inside dog. not even close.

16. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

After a pretty successful day in Vegas this past weekend sports betting/blackjack...

Seeing the Jazz as 4.5 favorites over the rockets is ridiculous.

The ML is +170 for Rockets.

If you are in Vegas, jump on this. Bet heavy on Rockets.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Would be sweet if Ty Lawson just didn't play at all.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

idk about that. Rockets are not known to be very bet friendly and cover. There's better plays out there than risking it on a team that hasn't shown an ounce of consistency this year imo

19. cdrive

Yeah I saw how Rockets were 4 1/2 point underdogs. I think that is accurate. This game could go any way. These guys fought hard against the Blazers last game and kept it close despite losing. And Blazers are straight up ballllllling right now. They dropped a 30 pt beat down on the Warriors recently. But Jazz were holding tight, and new guy Shelvin Mack was their best player that game. Gel period is over. He is gelled.

And what DrNuegebauer said....seriously watch Trey Burke play all offended and just abuse our point guards, neither of which haven been staying in front of guys in recent memory.

20. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I still think +4.5 is pretty safe. The Rockets also have ground to gain. I expect them to play like the season depended on it.