1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you like the trade being voided?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Feb 22, 2016.

Tags:
?

Do you like the trade being voided

1. Yes...I'm glad the trade was voided

162 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. No

344 vote(s)
    68.0%
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Even your fellow Lithuanians call you a DMOF! hehe

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Sux it was voided.

Was a great move to trade 2 bench guys for a lotto pick, unfortunately the Pistons woke up to their mistake too early. Dayum.

3. malakas

malakas Member

I didn't like the trade in the first place..but I really HATE the trade being voided.
    And I'm very sad about DMO.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes! I love the parallels to the voided Horry trade. Hoping lightning strikes twice.

Plus the upcoming draft is neither talented nor deep after top 5. That Detroit pick was not going to do much IMO. Now Luxury Tax is another story. But its not my money.

Like D-Mo, but more interested in how this team can channel their demons and lack of discipline into a successful offseason.

5. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

[​IMG]

Lol if this scenario is correct, then it shows that he thinks 5-steps ahead

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This. The real DOF would want the best for DMo and not care about the Rockets. DMo passing the physical would mean that he would have a good future.

If someone likes DMo and wants him with the Rockets, he must still be a Rockets fan.

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

2 days ago Rockets fans are so angry at the trade.

Now Rockets fans are mad at this trade being voided.

LOL... Typical Rockets fans....

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

Not really. Some people just hate new things. Moving from this cosy and always active board (biggest among NBA teams), playoffs team ( kinda :| ), non existing PF rivalry are more than enough reasons for DMo only fans to want him stay here. One thing about Pistons that made it worth it was different time zone. For me, who doesn't go to sleep at night, there's a difference when east coast games start at 2AM and you can go to bed at 5AM. And when west coast games begin at 5:30AM and you need to go to bed when it's already bright outside... But other than timezone, I prefer Rockets over Pistons for DMo. I'm more than sure DMo wouldn't want to play anywhere else too. At least pre trade. Even now I guess he'd love to make things work here. He's no liar, he doesn't call Houston home just to look good in media.

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

NBA teams will hate to make a trade with Morey if he traded broken players to other team.

You guys should feel luck this trade is voided.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Where is the neutral option?

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

29 DMOFs so far

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The original trade only had two options. Trying to compare to that.

13. OpenLayup-Why3?

It doesn't change anything. Morey tried to trade injured (?) player, he did all he could to do so. The deal was already done, just not approved. What positive difference does it make to Morey's image it being rescinded.

And I don't vote, because I'm not sure what first option means. Am I happy that DMo is still a Rocket or am I happy that DMo has serious health problems, according to Pistons?

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually fans who are just ahead of everyone else.

:)

DD

15. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

It would be interesting to know how much Morey would be willing to sign DMo for. There's no possible upside to this voiding if he doesn't want to pay him even below value due to injury concerns.

16. Mr. Clutch

What's good for the TEAM is a FIRST round pick.

With DMO we now have a crappy SECOND rounder, and he's leaving at the end of the year either way

17. Mr. Clutch

DMo is a role player.

It only makes sense to give him a big contract if we already have a contending team in place, which we don't

18. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

OLY3. Don't forget DMO is an extremely hard worker and you gotta know he's going to go the extra mile to do everything he can to help strengthen his core muscles and his legs to help prevent recurring back pain so he can play basketball. It's totally unfortunate for him that the trade was rescinded because I felt his career would have flourished much more in Detroit than with a Harden lead team here in Houston.

19. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

That's silly. Are you advocating a complete rebuild? If Morey finds a star or two this offseason would it be worth keeping DMo?

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I really love D-mo as a player. I think he can be a solid starter if healthy. But the fact that the Pistons knew he had back issues, yet what they saw still scared them off makes me extremely concerned that he's simply never gonna be a reliable player again.