1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets/Pistons/Sixers trade to be voided

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 22, 2016.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Why does someone have to come off badly? The Rockets weren't trying to pull a fast one. DMo's back issue has been widely reported, from his surgery to his setbacks. Their doctor cleared him to play. They didn't ask Detroit to waive a medical.

Detroit did necessarily do anything wrong either. Yeah, it sucks that we lose our pick, but that makes us emotionally biased against them. Of course they could have legitimate long-term concerns about his back, so did we. It was no worse than when OKC voided the Tyson Chandler trade over his medical. If Detroit tries to sign him in the offseason then it looks fishy, but otherwise no.

2. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

He is the one who made the deal. If he would have thrown in Terrence instead of D-Mo I don't think this trade would have been rescinded. Morey is the guy pulling the strings on trades and roster acquisitions so he deserves the blame for failed draft picks, trades, and acquiring players who don't do **** for us.

3. ROCSFANFROMCAN

I think D-Mo is a good player and helps this team but this hurts us. He has problems with his back and who knows how serious it is. He's going to be a free agent this summer and why would he sign back with us now after we just tried to trade him for Joel Anthony?If it was me I would be gone in a heartbeat! Now he will be gone in the summer and we don't get a pick back. Not good.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tony Dutt, Thornton's agent, said has not been given official word. Wants to chat with Daryl Morey &quot;to see what the plan is for Marcus.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/701854945058779137">February 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets fans, remember when you were sad about D-Mo leaving last week? Never mind!<a href="https://t.co/WIgNk0hAAB">https://t.co/WIgNk0hAAB</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonChron">@houstonchron</a></p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/701856020272779264">February 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. rocketshopeful

why do you assume that Detroit had any interest in Jones?

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

What if Detroit didn't want T.Jones?

7. Gadd

Gadd Member

I'm devastated for DMo. Can't imagine how awfully he must feel. And it's just bad for everyone both Rockets and Pistons. *******..

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is that Jones is an awful player that no one wants. They wouldn't have done the deal if it was Jones over DMo

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Poster didn't think that far :grin:

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

This is the worst season I've ever experienced.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Detroit did the Harris trade days before the deadline.

If we had throw in in TJ Detroit wouldn't be interested. Why you think they have similar value or that SVG was interested in TJ?

12. bmd

bmd Member

I'm sure D-Mo is smart enough to understand the math side of it and know that it's not personal and it actually speaks highly of his game... not poorly. He was traded specifically because he IS valuable.

Jones probably wasn't valuable enough to get a good return. He wasn't traded for Joel Anthony... he was traded for a lottery pick.

13. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

OK so they could have thrown in some other player but I've heard there are teams out there willing to pay Jones a pretty solid contract in the off-season. Morey took a chance trading a guy with known back issues (I am pretty sure he has had 2 back surgeries within the last year) and it bit him right back in the ass. It is just too damn bad because I think he could have used that draft pick to either clear more salary cap in the off-season or made a trade on draft day for a pretty good player depending on where that pick fell.

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

As being speculated, his back is not good at all.

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

What??! That's blasphemy!! Everyone knows TJ, is the 2nd coming of Kevin Garnett..ROFL

16. malakas

malakas Member

taht was before Jones came in in this season playing as bad as rookies and having 10 different injuries.

17. jruthlaz

jruthlaz Member

Playing a complete devil's advocate, but what if Detroit voided this and turned around and threw big money at him in the off-season.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Not according to trainer Keith Jones :rolleyes:

19. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Is it possible that DMo's back is not THAT bad and Detroit just had buyers remorse? Maybe they figure they'll just sign him in the offseason. Houston will be chasing big name FA's and likely won't be able to match.

20. rocketshopeful