1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Welp... that's all folks

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Told we weren't trading for anybody. (D-Mo will be missed)

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

even worse if it means morey is re-signing tjones :eek:

1 person likes this.
  4. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

No one is going to give up anything of value for a rental.

5. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Well on the bright side, at least they told you the truth. :grin:

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Clippers got even better haha

7. AnthonyJFranks

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

Didn't say nothing new. Refused to answer if he's going to resign Dwight. Still bragging about last year's playoffs run.

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Dumb question:

But when can Dwight exercise his option (ie, opt out) - on what date?

I might be wrong, but I thought we could trade players after our season ended? Do we have one last shot at moving Dwight, or does his option mean we are screwed?

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Unless Howard takes his option he will be an expired player which we can't trade. The only way we can trade him if he doesn't accept the option is if we S&T him but no team is going to want that 5th year or 7.5% raise options at all, never the less give an asset for it lol.

Basically no, we are screwed with Howard. Unless he decides to re-sign for cheap (20mill or under).

11. theprof

theprof Member

So...David Lee may be available soon. Should we pick him up?

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Thanks!

So Morey was basically saying to Dwight, 'see, there is no market for you, sign here for less, or walk away pal'.

The only downside (for me) is that we couldn't give Brewer away for free. I would really like to shut down Harden for the rest of the season and hope that Brewer and Bev put up some numbers so we can give them away. I imagine we want to ditch their deals if we plan to make 2 max FA offers.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We can always deal Brewer in the off season, there was no need to rush moving him this deadline.

Bev is a positive value player, we could give "away" any time we want. I suspect we don't want to give him away. He's on a cheap contract Conley is the only worthwhile FA PG this off season, I actually think Bev stays, as well as Ariza.

All we need to do to open up space for 2 max contracts is dump Brewer and KJ.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Trade idea:
    Get the detroit first and trade it to get out of the Brew crap salary. Who is going to take it without compensation?

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I would do it. It'll be better than a Morey draft pick

16. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

No that's dumb

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Fixed. Talking about TJones right?

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That 1st rounder from Detroit ought to have some value. Hopefully the Pistons won't catch fire and will fall into the (late) lottery. Of course, we were all saying the same about the Pelicans pick that wound up #18.

I think about our last (loss) game against Golden State and Luke Walton saying something to Ariza (had to lip-read, but it was pretty clear) like, "I'll see what I can do."

Not to deal with the devil, but with Barnes about to get p-a-y-d paid, maybe Ariza and something else (I hope not the pick, but....) might help land Barnes and help us capwise in signing other players (Horford? et al).

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It is a decreasing contract.
    So becomes more valuable next year. 1 bad year won't change what Brewer is, everyone knows what he can do as an energy guy off the bench.

I think it is harder to dump him for $0 in return than to dump him for an expiring (as we could have done this year). For me it is a mistake not to move him. We probably should have also givem Dwight and Bev away and tanked the season out to have 2x max space plus picks.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hmm... GSW was able to add a better backup C than any currently on the Rocket's roster and DAL was able to add a better backup PF than any currently on the Rocket's roster.