1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What you always failed to understand was that there was no agenda, I was always just saying the obvious truth that some people weren't bright enough to comprehend. Apparently they still don't.

When it comes to DMo, I wasn't wrong that he was by far the best PF on the roster, I was only wrong that Morey traded him due to Les being a cheapskate. Didn't see that coming.

Also kid, I've been a Rockets fan likely longer than you've been alive (and certainly longer than DMo has been alive), so obviously I'll stick with the team. Sure it'll suck when we play against DMo and he's taking our scrubbish PF's to school, but that's just part of being an NBA fan.

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

As much as I don't like the trade itself, this one could lead to a better future for both this organization, and Motiejunas. We are now all set to go for KD coming off-season. And to everyone who doubted in the past about me - I won't leave my favourite team just because DMo traded!

3. TheBeard

TheBeard Member

all the smart fans didn't get trapped into the over hyping of this guy.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We traded him because we did not want to PAY him let that sink in....

Our team is SOOO ****ING CHEAP that they make decisions that HURT the team to get worse to save money.

Ain't it glorious being a fan of the Rockets under Les "Money money money" Alexander - and Daryl - kick the can down the road and waste Harden's career" Morey?

WOOHOOOOO !!

DD

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

How in the world is he a cheapskate when he's forking out money you will probably never see in your lifetime. They will go after Durant in the offseason, try to convince Howard to stay with a small pay cut and will be paying Harden around 18 million. Man that's a bogus statements on your behalf.

Dude quit it with the nonsense kid stuff. You're not older than me, if you are trust me it's not by much. And if you are much older than me, still show some respect by not calling me a freaking kid. You always result to childish rhetoric when you're clearly wrong or someone disagree with your assessment. And if you're that old you shouldn't be so darn immature. Grow up fella

Like I said plenty times to you, the Rockets don't share your chain of thought concerning Dmo. They didn't value him extremely high like you and a few others did. But I guess since they traded him, they are idiots huh.

6. DaDakota

He is a cheapskate has proven it time and time again, getting under that Lux Tax line and not paying players what they are worth after their rookie deal EVEN IF THEY ARE GOOD AND HELP THE TEAM WIN, is their MO.

They chase rainbows and pie in the sky scenarios while Harden gets older, Dwight gets older and teams like the Spurs build from within, same for the Warriors and make them attractive to INDIVIDUAL free agents to join.

There is ZERO chance any big named free agent wants to jump into our locker room with a leaderless roster, and two lazy players in Dwight and Harden.

DD

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets intentionally hurt their team by shipping out their best PF and their most consistent bench scorer just to get under the luxury.....how is that not a cheapskate move?

As to why they didn't move anyone else, hell it took a 2nd round pick just to have Philly take Joel Anthony off our hands and his deal is not guaranteed. How much would it have cost us to get rid of some of the trash we already had on the roster? Probably too much so that's why we traded 2 quality players just to save Les a bit of money......which is a pretty good reason for Durant to laugh at Morey when he calls this off-season. Durant already knows what it is like to play for a cheapskate owner, he won't want to go from one to another.

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I suddenly feel much better about our free agency this summer.

9. DaDakota

I will be right again, but folks won't remember that.

DD

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We're forking out around what 80-90 million a year and we're cheap.

Love the emotional post from Dmo supporters. He will be aight where he's at now. I'm pretty sure You have opened up an account with his new teams forum, blasting the Rockets Organization and their fans as we speak.

DD the True Rockets Fan

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Yeah you were spot on when you said Morey was stashing /hiding Dmo so that they could trade Jones.

Spot freaking on

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

There's no coaching system to help this team anyways. Dwight will leave this summer and Harden will opt out when he can as well.

13. DaDakota

You do realize there is a floor he has to spend, and a cap he can go over to win if he wants.

No, of course you don't.

DD

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

=DMX

X gonna give to ya... Detroit

15. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If you're a true fan you really hope DMO succeeds big time in Detroit and I personally think this move will help his career. Would really like to see him with a coach that will feed him out of the block where he's most effective. He's a hard worker with a bright future and I wish the kid nothing but the best.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope he doesn't turn into DMX

17. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Welp. I just wasted a lot of money on shirts.

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I've put a moratorium on Rockets related purchases until this team gets its act together :(

19. DaDakota

He would have succeeded in HOUSTON too.

DD

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

No doubt DD, but its a business remember.