1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooklyn Nyets hire a Spurs assistant GM Sean Marks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by omgTHEpotential, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Oracle

Oracle Member

Let's say that it is true. These rumors have so many fathers that I prefer to hear only the final verdict. Before that it's just a game. It's entertaining to play with those ideas on these pages. My main focus is in measuring how many years I can hang in without going to the Lin in the Hornets thread.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Nets interviewed Sean Marks twice but Prokhorov wants to insult the man cause he didn't want the job.</p>&mdash; Stefan Bondy (@SBondyNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/700041661787828224">February 17, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Multiple people around the league have said Sean Marks has passed on Nets GM job. When asked about it directly, the Nets declined comment.</p>&mdash; Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps) <a href="https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/700045435411570688">February 17, 2016</a></blockquote>

4. Oracle

Oracle Member

Poor guy. Is he hurt? Why did he go twice to the interview if he didn't want the job? I can understand why Prokhorov is pissed. Now he doesn't have a GM during the critical hours of the trade deadline. The only thing Marks has to worry about is how to lose the extra pounds he gained wining and dining.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Maybe it was just a money thing -- the offer was two low, or not long enough, or not full control??? Or maybe Marks was using the Nets to get his name out there.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

****, I've interviewed for jobs I didn't take. Sometimes it's just due diligence. See what's out there. See what you're worth. Get a feel for the interview process. See where you stack up against the competition. Stroke the ego. Yada, yada...

I understand what Marks did. I like Prokhorov's response. Normal business world stuff. Nothing to see here.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'm told the Nets, meanwhile, are ramping up the money and promises offered to top GM target Sean Marks to convince him to leave Spursland</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/700216633265008640">February 18, 2016</a></blockquote>

How can they do this, when Prokhorov said he's never even heard of Sean Marks.

8. Oracle

Oracle Member

You did not read it verbatim. It starts with "I'm told...". That's a very reliable source, isn't it?

9. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nets officially name Sean Marks general manager.</p>&mdash; David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) <a href="https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/700339089934053377">February 18, 2016</a></blockquote>

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Interviewed Marks
    Supposedly turns them down
    Prokhorov says Sean Marks? Never heard of her.
    Nets hire Marks

#30 J.R., Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  11. Oracle

Oracle Member

Again, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Means: You got to hurry with your comments. They may lose their meaning in a heart beat.

12. mig0s

mig0s Member

Why Sean Marks? He was a scrub. Its like having Scott Padgett as yoir GM -.-

1 person likes this.
  13. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Just because the player was a scrub doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have a the brains to run or put together a decent roster.

Luke Walton was a scrub himself, but after this season, he'll be highly regarded as the next head coach of a team that needs a new one.

Exact opposite can be said for players like Jordan... GOAT Player... sucks as an Executive.

14. wfactor

wfactor Member

Because the first interview isn't always enough. You want to get a feel for the culture, who you're going to be working with, and role itself - not to mention whether or not the organization has plans to craft a better future.

You don't wanna be stuck in a bad situation esp. when there's so few opportunities for GM jobs in the NBA