1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Speaking of Trolls. What kind of crap is our old buddy Bill Ingram posting nowadays. This is prime time for him to start talking up his sources and making predictions.

Hows that Danny Granger trade Bill?

2. dobro1229

Woj just posted in his trade buzz thread that the Bulls are now actively shopping Pau Gasol which IMO is kind of a shocker.

Just the other day there were reports out there that the Bulls were opening the check book to resign him, and now just days later he's on the table?

I'd still really love for the Rockets to acquire him somehow. Especially if Dwight does get traded, and we can play him at the 5. Just an incredibly under appreciated player who still gets it done at his age.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

But do we want him at high dollars long term?

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

what could of been had he decided to go to OKC when KD/WB recruited him 2 years ago. That would be an extremely dangerous team.

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Him and harden woukd be so good together.

6. htown1984

htown1984 Member

CODMAN/ CYBERX?? where are you>

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Help me, Cod-Man Kenobi. You're my only hope."

(greeted by silence)

"OK, f*** you, then. Help me, Cyberx Kenobi. You're my only hope."

"Help me, Cyberx Kenobi. You're my only hope."

8. malakas

malakas Member

It's not a shock they try to move Gasol. It just means they have seen the light. Gasol does NOT WANT to resign with the Bulls. He probably told them straight up and so they try to get the most they can.

The interesting is this imo:

Hmmmmmmm

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Gasol and Mirotic please..

10. htown1984

htown1984 Member

LOL- man but really i cant believe we havent heard one word from this guys in the last 2 days?

11. dobro1229

I think the market will turn into being very team friendly for some of these guys like Pau, Ryan Anderson, etc. that people are just assuming are going to get huge deals.

I'm not saying we trade three 1st rounders or anything for him, but I think he's worth a shot. Like Houston with Dwight, the Bulls have to know that they can't command the moon for him when he's about to be a free agent. I dunno but I think he's worth the offer to trade for, and he's worth it to try and get back on a value deal.

He's 35 with little history of injury, and a game that has aged well. He's basically a 7'2" Scola with better passing and he can actually play "some" defense at times. He'll likely decline on that end before he does on offense I'm guessing just like Dirk has (under-reported aspect of Dirk's game the past two years).

12. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

I think I heard something to the fact that Anderson is interested in testing the market in free agency. That's probably the hesitation among GM's.

13. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I'm thinking Love and Gay would be quite the hall for Dwight, Ariza, and TJ. Maybe a 3-way with our buddies in Sacramento could work with picks from Cleveland moving over as well? What do you think?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hyfwv5g

14. malakas

malakas Member

Brickotic is likely out for the season. :grin:

The Bulls if trade Gasol will be a lottery team, without a good c and I love this. :)

15. Rox4life1986

Rox4life1986 Member

Obviously nothing going on, if something was brewing we would of heard from Cyber. His silence speaks volumes

16. malakas

malakas Member

No.

Gasol does not accept to come from the bench. He will not want to come here unless Dwight is traded.

17. lionaire

lionaire Member

Gasol, Gibson, Mirotic for Howard, Jones

18. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

The Rockets will be able to find some value for Dwight if they want it. He's too damn good to be treated like only an expiring and negotiations are where Daryl excels.

19. malakas

malakas Member

yes. And the asking price of Demps. If he was requiring the moon and the stars....Now probably will have to suffice for a first rounder and a meh prospect.

I think Masai will wait until the last minute and then try to get him.
    NYK/DEN first + Noguiera or Powell i.e.

20. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Pistons and Grizzlies engaged in possible trade that would send Conley to Pistons

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.