1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

people need to stop waiting on Cyber and Codman, they have a life you know and not everything they say is going to happen

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Teams don't normally make smart deals at the deadline. Either a team is overpaying for mediocrity or a team isn't getting enough for a good player.

Morey doesn't like to do either of those and thus, while he makes trades at every deadline, they are rarely of substance. He isn't going to overpay for middle of the road players and he isn't going to dump high end players for no value.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well honestly we're all waiting on Woj.

4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

They see you posting......... you hatinggggggggg. :cool:

1 person likes this.
  5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Cyber is just waiting to release that #cyberfluid on everyone in a bit.

6. Rocketfan94

Rocketfan94 Member

i may not be cyberx but my uncle has intel. heard nothing so far.

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Are you suggesting only lose-lose trades happen at the deadline? I trust that Morey will make someone look bad instead...

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

#soon

9. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I feel like it's pretty rare that we actually know what's happening before it happens though. I feel like the only trade I remember seeing coming was the Thabeet trade. Harden, k-mart, any other deadline deals just all of the sudden happen. Morey has yet to be screwed on a trade. He's guessed wrong on some guys, but he always gets the most from what he's giving up.

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Not funny

11. malakas

malakas Member

Cyber probably hasn't posted anything, because nothing is solid and final yet. If you ask Morrey himself he probably can't answer with certainty where Dwight will end up in 2 days.
    And then you have other deals affecting other deals etc etc. For example right now the Magic have lost interest in Teague.

And we haven't heard anything new about Boston as well, who is 100% making a trade.

12. Rox4life1986

Rox4life1986 Member

So when Boston doesn't make a deal can you stop posting?

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Lawson trade?

14. malakas

malakas Member

So when Boston does make a deal can you dissappear?

15. pdama

pdama Member

He gave up spare parts that would not have seen time on this team for Lawson, and he got Lawson to unguarantee the last year of the deal.

He didn't get screwed, Lawson just didn't pan out. There's a difference.

16. FeaR

FeaR Member

In Greece, it's 12:47 AM ... so pretty soon he/she will stop posting soon. I am going to sleep too. I doubt anything will happen the next few hours.

17. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Did someone actually come on here and report. 'Rockets are in talks with nuggets for Ty Lawson'? We all talked about it, just like Morris being someone the Rockets have/had interest in, and the team also wanted out of. But, to say we saw that trade happening when it did is not true. No one thought we were making anymore moves.. At least, as someone just on the board everyday, that's how it seemed...

18. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

You guys leave Malakas alone. She does post a lot but her posts are actually knowledgeable and insightful. I'm amazed at how much she posts but at least she's not a troll. I don't mind her posting at all.. Keep doing what you do Malakas :cool:

1 person likes this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agree, sometimes she's a bit braggy but she's still one of the better posters around here.

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ESPN sources say Hornets and Rockets have discussed a potential Dwight Howard-to-Charlotte trade but have not managed to find workable deal</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/699699177471606784">February 16, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

trade dwight to Charlotte for Jerry Lin, Big Al, Frank the tank and picks. lols

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.