1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's get rid of Harden? Really?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ranny, Feb 12, 2016.

1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

There's already another thread addressing that article. I replied there and pointed out that they weren't citing the fact that other teammates were worse and that other Guards in the league were worse in those statistics.

Citing Harden's numbers without giving the context of other players is misleading. You can see my reply in that thread.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The first statement is irrelevant. I don't know why y'all keep bringing up Khloe.

The second one is legit.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

And it's widely known that he doesn't play defense either.

4. Sanity2disChaos

Whoa there! Calm down. :rolleyes:

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

What's strange is that over the past 14 games hardens putting up 29/8/7 with 1.6 stls 3.8 TOs (lowest since his 13/14) and shooting 46/44/88.

So his TOs have been down because that number is factoring in the 18 TOs combined in 2 games vs Portland.

And with all that said our transition defense and record has been terrible.

So while yes he does have a lot of TOs that result in fast breaks for the other team I don't think its the main factor in why our transition defense is so bad. Also you have to factor in that atleast one of his TOs every game is from a offensive foul which is a dead ball that doesn't hurt your transition defense, atleast it shouldn't.

This has been a reacurring theme with this team for a few years now and it's a lot deeper than hardnes TOs which is scary to think about.

Harden offensivly has been performing at his mvp level of last year for the past month, whether it looks the same or not is irrelevant the production is the same and were still losing which is insane to think about and means somthing else is going on with this team. Maybe it's and anomaly and things will correct themselves after the break who knows.

But if I would have told u at the beginning of the season that harden was going to put up those numbers for a 14 game stretch im sure you as well as many would have thought we'd be atleast 10-4 in those games and were like 6-8 I believe.

6. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

The modern successful NBA teams are not ISO heavy. Harden is an ISO heavy ball dominant player. Just something to think about.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Thanks, I read your response

8. Mr. Clutch

It's pretty crazy. Can't remember a Morey team having this bad chemistry. Have to go back to the Francis years.

9. Mr. Clutch

He wasn't always before, at OKC or first years in Houston. A lot of his value is also his passing and vision, but does "look" more stagnant this year

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Harden is ISO heavy because the Rockets coaches run an ISO system. This will change when the coach changes.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

This is nowhere close to being true. Nobody on here is putting all the blame on just Harden. That's just false and shows your homerism towards Harden. This is a topic strictly about Harden and yet you bring up Dwight.

Now since you want to talk about Dwight's defense, well how in the world do you expect this man to be dominant down there when our wing players, mainly your hero Harden getting beat consistently every game. JBB is trotting out a very small line up and you really expect Howard to dominate defensively is laughable.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The point is that it's not just Harden. And you're late to the game you've already been proven wrong. Try reading the thread before commenting.

13. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

our offense is pretty optimal for the players that we have. were not equipped to run a really good offense. we need some new players and a new system. our defense could be a lot better with the players that we have

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Everybody knows it's just not Harden but we also know he's the main reason why this team is underachieving.

And proven wrong on what. See that's your problem, always trying to be right. Again you were wrong for thinking people are only putting the blame on just Harden. Everybody on this damn team is to blame.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Blah Blah Blah please shut up. You're wrong just get over it, I'm not arguing the same points with different people read the thread and get over it. This part of the discussion has is over. Harp on something else. Go hug your wife take her out get her some flowers, get off James Hardens nuts.

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Exactly! I keep pointing out that Harden's game is similar to Iverson from a ball dominance perspective... and as neither are named Jordan, Kobe or LeBron... I expect the same results when it comes to championships... If you have a really good player, that brand of ball might garner some regular season success - but it ain't gonna deliver a ring...

Harden has had some successes on assists in some games this year... but unless you're willing to playl offball and get your teammates involved on an ongoing basis... no ring... For example, D12 is #4 ALL TIME on fg% and having the best % of his career this year - but he only gets 8-9 shots... if you're going to win a championship, you have to utilize ALL your players to their optimum - not just a single guy...

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You can't play off the ball if your coaches have no plan for you to do so. Secondly the Rockets major problem is defense. Which has been proven to be a team problem. You need to put enforcers around Harden. Anyway as I said before when it's said and done Harden may not even be our best player so all this arguing over Harden being our franchise player is mute because Morey is trying to build a big three.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Because the Rockets "system" don't have any influence on Hadrens ISOs right? Watch the games. The entire team ISOs the hell out of the ball.

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm the first to admit our 'system' sucks ass... which makes it even more important to get the ball upcourt in a hurry and try to find some holes in the defense early in the shot clock... This 10 seconds to get the ball up and then another 10 as Harden stares down his defender before trying to get off a shot is counterproductive...

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

On average every time Harden touches the ball he has it for 4.47 seconds and dribbles it 3.8 times.

This fantasy land where the 10 seconds to get the ball up and another 10 to do something on a regular basis just doesn't exist. It can't based on those numbers.