1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want Harden to be traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Clutch, Feb 12, 2016.

?

Do you want Harden to be traded?

1. Yes

27.0%
  2. No

73.0%
  1. Newlin

Newlin Member

Not now. But, I would this summer if we can't surround him with a team that can really contend. I see absolutely no reason to keep him past this summer if we are going to be an average team. Harden will be a free agent in about 30 months. If we are going to trade him, trade him when he still has max value.

2. macho87

macho87 Member

He'll never lead a team to a championship.

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Wait... We could do the poll "if you had to trade Harden or Howard for everything to be fixed, who would you pick?" haha, but seriously... we're going to be waiting now for the trade deadline to maybe bail this dumpster fire of a team out.... Or we're going to be waiting for off-season to see if Morey can put this **** back together with new FAs (maybe dwight), and an actual coach that can implement plays.

Obviously people sometimes selectively forget about other dark periods for the Rockets, but it sucks to have to wait, but hey... At least Les and co don't run this franchise like some of the bottom feeders... They just run it slightly above mediocrity. :)

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Still no All-Stars for Nuggets, Magic, Jazz &amp; Suns since Carmelo, Dwight, D-Will &amp; Nash left in 2011 &amp; 2012: <a href="https://t.co/vutEj99u7d">https://t.co/vutEj99u7d</a></p>&mdash; RealGM (@RealGM) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/698227690684444674">February 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Trade James, trade Dwight, fire Daryl, fire J.B., rebuild. AMIRITE?!

Never. That's a funny word.

Erik Spoelstra, not a championship [caliber] coach, until he wins a/multiple championships.
    Dirk Nowitzki, never gonna do it. Not a champion. Until he wins one.
    So on and so forth. Never! Not a championship caliber player/coach. Never! Until it happens.

1 person likes this.
  5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I think it worked out fine for Denver & Utah.

6. TheresTheDagger

The fact I had to think about this and am unable to decide speaks volumes for how I feel about Harden.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

1 person likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I would look to trade him for the players I mentioned in the other thread (J. Butler, Derozan, K. Leonard).

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Trade both of them...

Get a coach with a system... Get players that fit the system and not lean so heavy on analytic's...

T_Man

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:14761821&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

10. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

hahahaha omg... i literally laughed in my front of my coworkers watching this.. thank you so much:grin:

11. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I would love to pair up a butler or leonard with avery bradley. Howard in a Celtics trade and Butler for Harden, I would do that. They need a mean Power Forward/Center in the rotation, just one.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Man...nationally the haters have come out full force against James Harden. Wilbon and a bunch of other TV personalities have all of a sudden just flat out ripped on James' game. I have never seen so much straight up negativity against a guy who at one point in his career was a "bench" player and became a superstar. This is exactly why James did not win the MVP...there are tons of people that just dont like what he represents to the game as a player.

That being said...the Rockets are incredibly boring to watch.
    1. They have a system that values the type of shots they take over valuing each and every possession. Wasted possessions hurt teams and the Rockets waste so many possession on offense and defense. Morey has essentially focused on the shots inside 5 ft, freethrows, and outside the 3 point line...BUT completely failed on coming up with an offensive system that made those shots "easier." The Warriors figured it out by bringing in a coaching staff that fused consistent motion and taking great shots at the rim/and from the 3 point line. Each and every one of their sets do this. Its why they are exciting...they DONT waste offensive possessions.

2. They have talent that cant mesh...This in my opinion is the heaviest burden the Rockets face and it a clear indicator of how poor the entire coaching staff has been for more than 3 years...They have used 2-3 years of poor coaching and molded a star player to be self reliant on generating shots and for his teammates. That however isnt basketball...just relying on ONE player to make life easier for everyone else on the floor. For any future coaching hire, Morey has to make it very clear that the shots he values has to be easy for the players to make.

3. Our star players are NOT alpha dogs. Dwight Howard is mentally soft, and his play against inferior big men prove my point. He lets the Bogut's, Plumlee's, beat him more often than not. James Harden's personality is laid back. This would imply that the Rockets need to either trade one of these guys OR bring in a head coach that is.

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I'm no longer excited about the Rox future as Harden being the main man so I voted yes. He has really presented as a loser this year and a guy it would be hard to build a real contender around. People who keep bringing up Hakeem having similar issues early on are disrespecting the player Hakeem was. Hakeem never had question about his heart or effort. That guy was a fierce competitor. Harden doesn't have what Hakeem had in him. I'm ready to move on from Harden.

14. FeaR

FeaR Member

Butler and Avery Bradley will lead us to a championship ? Ok :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

15. rocketboyz1

rocketboyz1 Member

and neither championships with the wrong stars

16. Marteen

Marteen Member

If there's a Lebron James or once in a lifetime player coming up in the draft, yes.

17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

can't believe 25% of ppl on here want Harden gone..

Harden's
    [​IMG]
    Response
    [​IMG]

:eek:

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This is a silly question.

The real question is : which team would actually offer any potential star player for James Harden at this point?

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This is the reality I'm afraid. I don't even think a team would give up a potential top 3 pick for him either. Harden's really been exposed this year. He's not a true cornerstone player. He has the talent to be but not the mentality.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The odds of Erik Spoelstra winning another championship clearly is about the same as James Harden will win one, that explained why he had won 2.

Dirk was consistently great for a long period of time before he finally got one and his team was also great in that time span.