1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bickerstaff lineups, rotations and minutes are horriable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Feb 11, 2016.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

What do you expect? JB was an assistant coach under the incompetent head coach, who was fired months ago.

Morey is so fun on his coach selection. I would have no problem if JB was the Pop assistant coach before getting a promotion.

2. alethios

alethios Member

They're also Terryable

[​IMG]

3. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

why is josh barely playing?

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I loathe to admit it but . . . . . JB might not have been ready for the Big chair.

I don't know if he will get another shot after this .. . . .
    Which is kind of sad

Rocket River

5. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I agree, he didn't start the season planning for this. He's been unfairly thrown into the deep end.

The team has disengaged I think partly because we didn't hire an experienced coach and it gives the vibe they're not serious about the year.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah it doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing. The only thing I don't understand is Morey is definitely the type of guy to tell him if he needs to adjust his minute decisions.

It's tough trying to find time for Bev Lawson and Terry to share the backcourt with Harden, on top of the fact you have Thornton who would be forced to play SF. The Brewer thing is kind of odd, he's pretty bad but he definitely is one of the few that brings the energy every game. He's just not good unfortunately.

Honestly I would like to see power forward start at power forward. For now, start Josh Smith. Yes he makes dumb plays on offense, but starting alongside Howard and Harden will limit that, and it's obvious he has better chemistry than any other player on this team.

If dmo ever gets healthy then you can ease him into the starting line up

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

*a power forward start at power forward
    **he has better chemistry with Dwight than any other player

8. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

I've really wanted to like JB, but he's not ready. Every game I'm wondering where he's coming up with these lineups. No consistency means no chemistry.

Bev/Law
    Harden/Thorn
    Ariza/Brew
    Smoove/DMo/Harrell/TJ
    Dwight/Cap

Play guys at their positions and they might know what to do while they're out there.

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

How does KJ get ZERO burn when we're playing this bad...

Shyt, throw him out there with Harden, Harden plays point any fuccin way

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Keep bickering about the staff all you want, but the roster is fundamentally flawed.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Starting Brewer over Smith @ PF is complete incompetence right there.

12. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

JB should be fired from the NBA, anyone on here who has a grain of support of JB is a ****ing idiot like him. I can't believe people still try to act like he's not that bad

Morey has the same team as last year basically +ty Lawson
    Hardens been holding his own putting up the trip dubs and Howard has been good finding his rythem
    JB rotations stool seem to be the obvious spot of where we are failing

Like how has not one player or Morey told him how ****ing stupid he is. How does Morey watch game after game of Brewer worthless at the 4 and see Josh sitting on the bench getting less then 10 min

I literally have no respect for JB as a coach or person. Idc who his daddy is, I hope he gets fired and he deserves to never work in the NBA again

JB is literally killing our season

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

well u cant argue with that, his rotations are full r****ded
    im not against finding a real coach, but if we keep him i wanna see if he can improve once the deadline crap is over.
    since the season is a wash and been hovering at 500 its a good money saver and oppurtunity

i'd rather get a real coach that can implement a real system so that rockets will be ready at start of next season

14. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

I don't see how he is in any way different from McHale. We run the same motionless offense, jack up too many threes, don't play defense, and now everyone hates each other. It's inexcusable that he is still the coach and that we haven't looked for someone new.

This is where I wish Morey had more basketball sense. When McHale lost the team, it was because of style of play concerns. Why bring in the assistant coach who has the exact same style of play? Just dumb.

15. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I would be the first player to break a coaches jaw if I was on this team

Like literally has no one told JB to stop dick riding Brewer.

If I was Morey I would tell JB the next time Corey plays PF i will walk on the court and Fire&waive Corey's contract, in the middle of the game

**** we would probably be better of if we fire him and just let the boys do it themselves

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

[​IMG]

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

18. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Bro you have no idea the hate I have grown for JB

I think his rotations and decision making is 80% of why we are losing games

19. nnayak

nnayak Member

I'm with you man. I usually never get mad about sports but JB pisses me off. We went from twin towers to small ball to Josh Smith back to small ball, etc
    Make up your damn mind and please stop thinking Brewer is good at basketball

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Would be nice if more coaching staff criticism threads ran this board than trading players. The team is broken because of poor coaching.