1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

His skill set maybe didn't mesh with Harden and vise versa but all I remember watching was game 6 in the playoffs against the Clippers when Harden was on the bench inept while Howard was out on the floor bringing it and helping the team come back from an historic deficit. I don't know who you can call a winner between those two players.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, he is not a leader - then...probably makes more sense.

See that is kind of my point, Harden on the bench, Dwight can thrive, Dwight not lane clogging Harden can thrive - they do not fit..their games do not compliment each other, and one is in decline the other is ascending.

Keep the younger guy, there is still a chance he gets it....jettison the declining one.

DD

3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

4. devil_blue

devil_blue Member

truth

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

6. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Sorry, I can see how my post made it seem that Harden's just a lazy jerk that has glided to the top. I don't believe that, I believe he has worked very hard to be where he's at. The problem is, everyone works hard at the NBA level, you're pretty much separating cream from creamier cream to really creamier cream and so on and so forth. In my opinion, I think he's about 95% where he needs to be discipline wise and focus wise. That seems impressive but but that last 5% is what separates really good from great (just a disclaimer, I know nothing about how Harden lives, I'm making a broad and very subjective assessment). I forgot who, but an nba player said you literally needed to be addicted to working hard at that level, I can't imagine myself how much tenacity that takes.

My overall assessment stems from mostly his interviews. He very rarely self-criticizes for obvious mistakes (he'll criticize himself when it comes to scoring, which is his strength, but he never harshly singles himself out for his weaknesses; defense, off the ball movement, etc, all things he has done in the past, but hasn't continued doing) I don't think he's honest with himself, and that takes time to develop, it's not an easy thing to do. I could be dead wrong, but its my opinion

7. Mr Chuck Norris

Lol how is he a bum

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I was being sarcastic

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Again.. Pay the man. Not 175 bc no team can offer him that anyway if he walks. Give him the 120 over 5 bc he still has a lot left. How about getting a real coach with a real system FFS and stretch his career out like SA has with Duncan.

10. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

its simple just look at value. Games played vs wins produced vs salary. This is what any smart person (like Morey)would do. Dwight is no longer Elite so if he even hinted to Morey that he would not resign or would only sign for max then if your in morey's shoes u try to get value from him. Don't restrict your future on a guy who is not worth the $. Dwight may still be good but if your a betting man you see Dwight will continue to miss more and more games this season and if you thought his initial contract was foolish so will another contract. This is an INTELLIGENT move to decide to part ways with him. I said it before but the only way you keep the man if he verbally agrees to sign a long term (beneficial for him) non max/low salary (good for us) per year deal. Cut your losses.. its a business. If you arent smart at managing your money you become the lakers.

What if this is a ploy by morey and Dwight. We all know no one except maybe SAS beating GSW. we get a good return for dwight then sign him next year for a low salary long term deal. Allows to get some good value for Dwight. Obviously this is a dream

#630 Camarograna2, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

glad you aren't the gm. dwight getting paid 25 million dollars when he is 35 :grin::grin:

12. sammy

Please do us all a favor and don't make that post. You're right. There is no old or new DD. After your ban comes off for the 18th time, you pretend to be cool but then comes the know it all schtick like you know how to run a NBA team. Your love affairs with scrubs and hate on star players has been embarrassing. You cursed D Mo too. Lol

#632 sammy, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Just a thought but Dwight is preaching all this positivity stuff and what not. But he isn't being so positive when he's getting ejected and committing obvious fouls.

14. sammy

Limit his minutes like we were supposed to anyway this year is the plan. 24 M relative to where the cap is heading isn't that big of a deal.

15. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Truth. Fair pay scale. Better than maxing a Ryan Anderson.

16. sammy

Morey isn't going to:

1. Sign a star player
    2. Draft a star player

We have to come to that realization. Trading Dwight isn't the effin answer. Trading the bums around him and Harden while hiring a real got damn head coach is.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Since Jan. 1, the Rockets are 6-10 when Dwight Howard plays and 5-0 without him. They're allowing 9 fewer PPG without him in those games.</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/697920411892367360">February 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Dwight ain't Duncan. They're not really comparable at all. And 34-35 year old Dwight getting $25+? Thanks but no thanks.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I think we should just come to the realization that this dumpster fire of a franchise died when hakeem left, haha. I'm all for them doing better, but this is a cluster ****. I mean when your coach calls the team broken and can't ****ing have a player rotation to save his job, it's bull****.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.