1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OTMax

OTMax Member

He better get traded now, since we are clear and have been that we will not sign him to the max. We would have to deal with a disgruntled Howard who is only after the money. I lost respect for Dwight that he comes with this bull**** now and makes it easier to part with his sorry ass.

No way we take just Bradley or Olynyk as possible impact players. It has to be to be at least one very good player and one serviceable one.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

On the contrary, I think recent stats show he isn't nearly the inside defender he once was either. he challenges much fewer shots and with less effectiveness than in his past.

His best attribute, inside, is his rebounding, which still remains EXCEPTIONALLY good.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

dwight is the exact opposite of the problem, wow. what are gonna get some undersized bigs who cant rebound or play defense?

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

IMO best case scenario would be getting Love in return for Dwight

Love and Harden are close and he would provide a stretch four and better space.

I mean he is terrible at defense but its not like he is going to make the rockets worse in that aspect this year.

cleveland would get someone that would make their team even more potent defensively and a rim finisher.

Kyrie/Delly
    JR/Shump
    LeBron/Jefferson
    TT/Varejao
    Dwight/Mozgov

seems like a win win for both of course Love is on a large contract for 4 more years

6. Ol Bill Worrell

100 percent agree with you and out of those I'll take the Orlando deal but still don't see Orlando makes that deal.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not the problem nor the solution.

He's in there, Rockets defense sucks.
    He's out of there, Rockets defense sucks.

It's nice the media thinks Houston has a ready made guy ready to step in but no. Capela is not ready made to step in.

I believe someone mentioned it earlier in the thread.

Harden is a FA in two years. I know, everyone hates him and wants him gone.

You don't trade Dwight and say "Yeah, we got better today."

Better re-tool quickly here. Good luck to Daryl!

8. Ol Bill Worrell

Cle already has TT/Varejao/Mozgov and you want them to take another unskilled big man who can't shoot or pass? Cleveland NEEDS K Love more than any team.

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Morey saying the season is over. Morey better start looking for a new Job.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Dwight would fit more with Cleveland any ways too.

I don't see Cleveland doing it though, they seem to really want to make the Love thing work.

11. s.b713

s.b713 Member

This team will not tank under this owner. KLove for D12 for would nice, not sure if Cavs would do it though.

12. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I'd ask for Mozgov and Love for Howard and either Jones or DMO or both. Don't know how that works cap wise.

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I would prefer Capela who is actively working with Dream to get better and it's only a matter of time.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

they may need love but they aren't using him properly thats for sure.

15. NeonTiger

NeonTiger Member

It has to be Miami , Howard and Jones for Whiteside and Dragic or Deng. Miami can not afford to keep Whiteside , Rockets can pay him in the summer if their pursuit of KD falls short , you basically get a younger version of Dwight.

16. Milos

Milos Member

Kinda got lost in the shuffle, so reposted ... looks like we're both good w Lee, Avery, 1st from BOS
    I didn't know Jefferson was expiring ... could be next best match after DLee out there

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

It may mean that the Rockets are just throwing in the towel on this season, and they are just doing what they think is best for this team AFTER this year. It's better to get something for Dwight now than to get nothing this summer. What we get back may not help us much this season, but maybe it helps the team long term.

And I really don't think Dwight is the problem on this team.

18. Victorious

Victorious Member

we will be a worst team by trading dwight. maybe thats the goal, sweeten our draft pick a bit. i feel like teams will low ball us. what a crappy ending to this experiment smh

19. Ol Bill Worrell

That is true but he has been playing a little better as of late. K Love is a pipe dream. Perhaps if we took on TT contract as well and added ariza & dmo then it would make a little more sense for cle to take Dwight.

Also...Dwight and Lebron haha. I just don't see LeBron even considering the idea of playin with Dwight.

20. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

How does that help Miami though? Dwight is also a FA and they can't afford him either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.