1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Huge back-to-back ahead...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZRB, Feb 15, 2001.

1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Alright guys. It looks like it is now or never. This weekend is going to be one of the defining moments of the season. The Rockets face Orlando on the road on Friday, and Cleveland on the road on Saturday. I think that if the Rockets could sweep this back-to-back, they could win up to 10 or 11 games in a row. If the Rockets lose one or even both of these games, the playoff chances will be close to dead. What will happen?
    Unfortunately, I think the Rockets will be crashing back down to earth, and lose both games. I hope I am wrong, I really do. It just seems like winning 6 in a row would be too good to be true.

Rockets: 82
    Orlando: 100

Cleveland: 95
    Rockets: 92

Thoughts? Predictions? Hopefully your's will be more positive. I just think that the Rockets are stuck in a .500 season, and will not be able to put a real streak together in time to make the playoffs. I hope I am proven dead wrong, because if the Rockets win both games, I personally guarantee that the Rockets will make the Playoffs.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

2. Valio!

Valio! Member

ok..I 'll try to put a positive spin on it...

Rockets - 102
    Orlando - 99

In a real nailbiter, Mobley heats up and Hakeem continues his solid work on the boards....

Next game...Without Ilgauskas, the Cavs continue to look just plain ill...The bench comes through for us on this night, with Wiz and Bull throwing in a lot of 3-pointers...

Rockets - 97
    Cavs - 83

Maybe those predictions are a little too sun-shiney..but I just can't help it...

------------------
    "I think the people who believed the world was flat were pretty stupid. You would think at least those living near mountains would know better." - P. Mesku

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Bring 'em on people! I want more predictions, and no more 200-23 games. Let me hear what you think is going to happen. Come on! I need something to hold me over until Friday. [​IMG]

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

4. RENDIGGLER3:20

I say we win both games and go 8-2 in the next 10 losing to Minnesota and Portland.

I say we beat Orlando in a tuff game and we beat Cleveland easy but they seem to keep it close until the end when we take care of buisness!

I dont really think the coming up back to back is going to determine if we will make playoffs or not,we are only like 4 games back and have a more than realistic chance,its just going to take some good hard play from everyone!Hell,we could possibly still get 7th or even 6th seed you never know!

------------------
    President of the why in the Hell isnt Langhi playing club!!!

5. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I think that if the Rockets have a 7 game streak coming into Minnessota, they could beat them. It is about time the Rockets started beating the Phoenixes and Minnessotas of the league.

------------------

6. kbm

kbm Member

Alright ZRB I'll guess the Rockets win both games. I mean they're killing the Eastern Conference this year.

Go Rockets!!!

------------------
    I am an invisible man.

7. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

More! I want more predictions! Of course, I forgot that it is 12:40 in Texas. I am operating on different hours. Okay, tomorrow I want a barrage of realistic predictions. Whoever is closest to the actual results, will win absolutely nothing, and get no accolades whatsoever.

------------------

8. tuus

tuus Member

If you want more, you must get more
    i guess Orlando will win 93:85 and turnovers cost the game. but we will win Cleveland 101:86.

------------------

9. Q8 Rocket

Q8 Rocket Member

hmm

next game with the magic will be too hard for the rockets to escape with a win !!

especially if houston don't relize that the magic have won in last 7 games ( wining streak )!!

armstrong is red hot right now and francis has a lot of work to do with and hakeem must continue his huge performances as well as he played last 4 games .

my prediction is

Rockets: 98
    Magic: 95

Cleveland game :

this is easy one !! and it doesn't matter if ilgauskas will play or not coz we will kick their ass !!

Rockets : 101
    cavs : 87

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Rockets [​IMG]

------------------
    the biggest houston Rockets fan in Q8

10. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

For some reason, I have this gut feeling the Rockets will lose to Orlando in the 4th quarter, say....

Rockets 92
    Magic 95

they will, however beat Cleveland

Rockets 100
    Cavs 94

------------------
    Dream
    Rejects
    Every
    Attempt
    Made

11. Heath

Heath Member

I can see Rockets closing out february 6-1, and thus advance huge in the playoff hunt. If they don't I still can see them in the playoffs going 5-2.

Going 4-3 will make it hard but not impossible, and beating our competitors would help. This is why I can see our only loss for the rest of the month coming tomorrow against the red hot Magic - although I hope not.

Rockets 93
    Magic 97

Hmmm - I would really love this one to be a win - it would make us the team with the longest current streak in the NBA, but if we're gonna lose one I prefer 'taking' it against Magic and not Wolves [​IMG]

Rockets 104
    Cavs 87

If the Rockets can't win against Cavaliers I fear for the season, but thats not because we can't lose to teams like Cavs, its because we need to show that we can get the wins we are supposed to have. I can take a loss to Cavs if we're having a bad shooting night while the Cavs are shooting the lights out or any other things like that, but I expect that we play hard and with heart.

But this is my pessimistic view - of course I'm rooting for (and se the possibility for) a 10+ win streak...

------------------
    We can reach our destination, but it's still a ways away.

[This message has been edited by Heath2000 (edited February 15, 2001).]

12. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

I think we win both.

Rockets 97
    Magic 95

Rockets 102
    Cavaliers 92

------------------
    "Stop your grinnin' and
    drop your linen"
    -Hudson

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I predict that if the Rockets are in Cleveland on Saturday that they will lose since the game is in Houston.

------------------

14. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Houston 91
    Orlando 88

Houston 101
    Cleveland 83

I think this team has FINALLY come around.

------------------
    Jazzkiller

15. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Houston 106
    Orlando 93

Eastern conference team.

Houston 112
    Cleveland 88

Sucky Eastern Conference team.

------------------
    The Rockets will be the NBA champions. Believe.

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Rox 200
    Magic 23 [​IMG]

No really,
    Rox 106
    Magic 90

Rox 102
    Cavs 86

Both sucky eastern conference teams! And the Rockets are on a roll baby! Dream continues to dominate against teams with no real inside game.

------------------

17. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

We still play Phoenix two more times this year and If we win these next two we'll only be 3 1/2 games out considering Phoenix doesn't play until next Sunday.

Houston 102
    Orlando 89

Houston 96
    Clevland 82

------------------

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Upon further reveiw:

the Magics current 7 game winning streak has come at the hands of:
    Indiana
    Washington
    Philli
    Atlanta
    charlotte
    Washington
    LAC

The bullies should be ashamed of beating up on those poor CBA clubs. Philli is the only legit NBA team among that group.

I kind of feel bad for Orlando though, they are about to embark on one of the toughest stretches of basketball for any team in the league. Starting tonight in Houston they play a bunch of games in a row against some very good Western conference teams. Orlando will be lucky to win 2 games out of the next seven.

------------------

19. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

A full day and only one extra prediction? Come on now! I know you guys can shell out more than one!

------------------

20. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

200-23

[​IMG]

Seriously, Magic game:94-89, Us

McGrady goes and gets his usual stats, but Rogers takes advantage of minutes he gets and picks up 15 points, 10 rebounds.

Mobley and Francis both have a little bit sub-par game.

Cav's game: I am kind of worried we will blow this game, but my prediction is 100-93, Us.

Miller shows up to play agaisnt Francis and vice versa.

Our guard duo lights it up for 55 points, 17 assists, 14 rebounds, and 6 steals.

Cato comes back and turns in a solid game of 9 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 blocks. (25 minutes of action)

Mo also plays a good game with 15 points and 9 rebounds.

------------------
    President of the Charles Barkley fan club...Oh he retired? When?

[This message has been edited by vj23k (edited February 15, 2001).]