1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Bev certainly has more trade value, as does Capela (he's definitely shown improvement in most areas, although he's certainly frustrating) and potentially Thornton, at least for a team like the Heat who are craving shooting.

But overall you're right - you won't get much for Dekker, Lawson, Brewer, or DMo/TJ. If you want to make some major trade, it'll be struggling player for struggling player, more than likely, hoping that a change of scenery is beneficial to all parties OR it'll be with a team looking to just completely start over (Nets, Suns).

I don't subscribe to the "blow it up" line of thinking, and my preference is to add PJ Tucker & Thad Young (please remove Brewer and TJ from the premises) or Courtney Lee & Jeff Green. Horford is a pipe dream that would require 1) moving Howard (due to lack of assets) and 2) getting a player like Koufos.

2. basketballholic

We need to trade Capela as our primary asset while his value is high. Package Capela, Dekker, KJ, Ariza, Brewer, and and see if we can get back a better youngster than Capela (Smart, Noel) and a bunch of expiring/non-guaranteed contracts (Amir/Jerebko/Turner/TylerZeller-shooter/Markieff-if he agrees to non-guarantee his deal/PJ Tucker, etc.)

We need to get to the summer with Harden, Howard, DMo ($6.5 million cap hold), and our young 2-way superstar and the ability to liquidate the rest of the non-guaranteed deals (Jerebko/Tucker/Amir/Markieff-if he agrees to non-guarantee his deal) to create a ton of cap space to sign Durant or somebody else and also another player or two with the remaining cap space.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The problem here is that Capela's value is falling. It was at it's highest at the end of GSW playoff series.

4. dmoneybangbang

Falling? This is essentially his rookie season for a playoff bound team (well maybe). We will just have to agree to disagree about Capela.

5. dmoneybangbang

Bandaid trade if Les decides to gamble on this season if DMo comes back healthy (and let Howard walk for nothing potentially)

Lakers gets:: Lawson, TJones, and Montrezl Harell
    Houston gets: Lou Williams, Brandon Bass, and fillers for salary match

Bev/Lou Williams
    Harden/Thornton/KJ McDaniels
    Ariza/Brewer/KJ McDaniels
    Bass/DMo/Capela
    Howard/Capela/Dmo

6. Mr Chuck Norris

Did smoove die?

7. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zsr3ycs

That is what I would run. Just know Lou likes that last shot...

8. dmoneybangbang

Haha, I suppose so. Totally forgot about him. I would imagine a healthy DMo and Brandon Bass would out play him unfortunately.

9. dmoneybangbang

I like it.

I like Lou William's game and his resume, he's been a number one option on a bad team and a 6th man of the year on a playoff team. I think his game fits better with Harden.

Bass is just decent PF on a cheap and short contract, butI like him for about 24 minutes a game for what we do. However, Lou Williams and his cheap contract for a few years is the main piece.

10. zito08

zito08 Member

11. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

If there's still hope to do something this season, the team to trade with is Atlanta. They've indicated some of their best players are available -- Horford, Teague. These guys are used to playing hard on a good, disciplined team that knows how to pass the ball and play team basketball. They're talented, play defense, can shoot and fill some of the Rockets biggest needs/deficiencies. If Atlanta could be convinced to part with Korver, so much the better. A team that attempts the most 3s in the league could use his shooting. A trade with Atlanta could make this season interesting again.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Off season pipe dream without Durant.

Trade Howard and Jones for Gortat, Nene and Oubre the trade deadline

Dump Brewer + pick for expirings or cap space.

Renounce all expirings outside of Dmo, sign Horford and Conley to 4 year contracts starting at 22 mill per, then sign good locker room vets for vet minimums.

Sign new coaching staff that's defense oriented like JVG or Thibs etc

Conley / Beverley
    Harden
    Ariza / Oubre / Dekker
    Horford / Motie / Harrell
    Gortat / Capela

Defensive + High IQ roster around Harden ='s good basketball for Houston.

13. Mr Chuck Norris

Dream come true.

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Let's trade Howard for his back up & an injury prone, past his prime Center.

Then pray that we sign Horford & Conley???

Y'all under estimate Dwight Howard's worth to this team...

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nene would simply be an expiring and filler, him being injury prone means nothing.

Gortat is a very good player on a bargain contract for the next 4 seasons. He has played half the minutes Howard has, he has been very healthy, he's a good rebounder, good defender and effecient finisher around the rim, as well a good FT shooter and I believe he has a little bit of a close/mid range shot. Gortat for 12 million >>> Howard for 20-25+ million IMO, especially when we clearly are not close to contending right now.

I like Howard, but it is what if is, he isnt getting younger and we aren't winning with him and Harden... An Howard will be the odd ball out unless we are gifted Durant this summer or something an can afford to overpay for Howard.

Whether we can land big time free agents this summer or not, I think a Howard for Gortat/Nene(expiring) swap would be a very smart deal. I actually, I'm not sure the Wizards would even be interested in that.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Yes Bev. Correct. Same trading value as before.
    Yes falling. Capella is almost 22 now and has already proved this year that he can't play pf and he can't be a starter yet and has a long long way to go in defence. He's not some blue chip prospect as could be claimed by the little showing he had last playoffs.

Noel and Smart are not two way superstar prospects. They aren't even 2 way.

17. wadero

wadero Member

I don't get it the thought process. Why would Durant want to come to Houston with just Harden and Dwight and this young 2 way player? He is going to want to go to a contender. Harden is a ball hog Dwight is done and I have no idea who this young 2 way player is. We need to stop with all the FA bull **** and build a team. Stop buying other teams pre madonnas

18. OpenLayup-Why3?

But, but, but... Harden is friend and Lawson highschool buddy and Durant said this is his town. We are obviously getting Durant.

1 person likes this.
  19. Play07

Play07 Member

Harris from magic is on market him & harden would be perfect together

20. malakas

malakas Member

I expected this (along with Fournier and possibly Payton) but not to have leaked it to the press..Poor Harris being traded TWICE by the same coach.:grin: