1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 1/25/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 25, 2016.

1. RCPM

RCPM Member

ROCKETS WIN!!!

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

At this point in time.

When Gordon is out, luck is not the reason.

So injury prone.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Smoove reigns terror once again

4. rockets13champs

Make sure u buy the tampons for cole

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Smoove triple double

A. Davis 4 points on 2/17 shooting, 3 rebounds, 5 TO

Smoove got him

6. MC_hammer

MC_hammer Member

I'll be there tonight! Look for a brown man in a Harden jersey next to a pretty blonde girl in a Yao jersey row 2 behind the basket!!!! I'll be yelling loudly the entire game, y'all can count on it. Let's get our season back one game at a time. Let's all say a little prayer for the return of the Smoove.

7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

If Dwight's back - Lob City! Josh to Dwight!

Did you guys know that they were AAU teammates?? :p

8. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Smoove must be exhausted. Won't be mad if we drop this one

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I kinda would be. Unlikely we beat the Spurs Wednesday, and then Thunder on Friday will obviously be tough. We've dropped far too many games this season to bad teams. Need to get past that if we're hoping to avoid the Warriors or Spurs in Round 1.

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Almost a month ago since that game in NOLA, we have to make up for that loss. To me one of the worst losses this season out of the many worst losses, that one sucked!

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I want to thank the basketball gods for letting Josh Smith come back home. I know Smith and I will have a love/hate relationship through the rest of the season because he will either have a really good game or a really bad game, there usually is no in between with him. However, his good games just bring so much excitement and it seems that his teammates are feeding off him and are coming back to their normal selfs. If the basketball gods can give Smith the power to help Ty become even more comfortable and play like these last couple of games, I will be forever grateful.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

well @ SAS and @ OKC are almost scheduled loses regardless but how they play will determine if its just actually two steps back or progress.

Tonight though is an absolute must win - Pels have been playing poorly and Rockets are coming in with a renewed sense of team effort though it will be interesting to see their first game on the road with Smith how it plays out.

Pels still have some size upfront in Davis, Asik, Ajinca and can stetch the floor with another big in Andersen if Dwight isn't going to play tonight then Capela, Smith and especially Jones (please Jones) are going to have to step up. Right now Capela and Jones have been playing poorly of late.

13. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

We've won 8 of our last 11, basically on the turn side getting away from that nasty 4-game losing streak. If we win tonight that'll be 9 Ws out of our last 12 games.... playing at a .750 winning clip. That would be some nice, needed momentum heading into the Spurs & Thunder games.

Dwight needs to get back and return to what he was doing before that awkward ankle sprain incident. Get him back, get Bev back, and start rolling.

Make a good push into the standings going into All Star Weekend. Make a tweak trade here or there if possible to get us better without ruining the recent found team chemistry.

I love our chances against the Clippers. If we can avoid Warriors & Spurs in the 1st round, then we could hit a nice stride at the right time, and then anything could happen. There's hope! Go Rockets!

14. i3artow i3aller

Beverley needs to shut down Jrue Holiday who has been cooking as of late.
    <iframe width="654" height="320" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6ZNuAbQ6PJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Pelicans are going to get alllllll of the rebounds if Dwight doesn't play.

16. AXG

AXG Member

Pelicans better get ready for a-hurtin'

17. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Dwight should get limited minutes @ NO unless we're in trouble early. We beat Thunder before and we can surely do it again. Same goes for the Spurs.

18. DMO (DJ remix)

Rockets blow out win, Harden with triple double, AD crying after game, saying he never saw talent like this before.

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Got to win this game and take one of our next two

20. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Pels started 1-11 and I thought they were finished. They've been 15-16 since and are so how in the playoff chase.