1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Cavaliers @ Rockets 1/15/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 14, 2016.

1. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Playing against a team like the Cavs was a great opportunity to gauge our team and we failed miserably. Sure it's just 1 game but our flaws as a team were blatantly obvious and if adjustments aren't made we're done. Hopefully Morey can make some meaningful trades and JB learns how to..uh...coach by then.

Also, superstars can always find ways to beat double teams.....

2. i3artow i3aller

TR-8R!!!
    [​IMG]

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Interesting thing is that looking over all of the flat team stats in comparison to last year, the only areas we've really declined in are Rebounding and Points. Pretty much everything else in on par.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Which makes me think this is all about pace of play.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think, as it stands, Melo is a much better player than Harden will ever be. If you put him on this team in place of Harden, who knows.

7. BackdoorHarden

Are you joking? Melo is a ball hog. He never won MVP like Harden.

Melo has never made all NBA 1st team.

Harden has made All nba 1st team TWICE. and he's only 26. I see about 5 NBA first team for Harden before he's done

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

My brother almost bought us tickets to this game but luckily I stopped him and saved him the money and time.I feel like a hero.

9. conquistador#11

i guess our astros can't associate with losers. =(

10. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

People still want Brewer after last night? He has 2-3 good games out of 10 then regresses to long range twos that clank, porous defense, and idiotic fouls.

Capela has also taken a huge step back recently. Dude just isn't finishing plays and is turning ball over way too often.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This "Melo never made All NBA first" is extremely misleading and shows a blatant lack of analysis. Melo is put in as SF and LeBron as best player in the league was a given to be 1st team every year, and there's also KD there.

Harden had to compete with the corpse of Kobe and that's it at SG.

So using 1st team NBA as a credential and to compare shows extreme bias and no context.

12. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

have him play off the ball? are you kidding me?? the guy wont even try when the ball is not in his hands.. its basically 4 on 5 basketball.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Harden is just disrespecting basketball games.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

So does ignoring the bazillion point guards that can occupy both guard spots

15. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Ok, JB.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This is about All-NBA first team, not all-star selections. There hasn't been an All-NBA 1st team composed of two PGs in more than a decade.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They usually make a conscious decision to pair an off guard with a point guard even if the rules don't state you have to do it that way. We are in a relatively weak era of SGs in the NBA currently.

You can bet your ass if prime Kobe, prime Magic Mcgrady, prime AI, prime Wade were playing, Harden would be sniffing 2nd team and most likely 3rd team.

18. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

****, Harden is worthless.

19. eman

eman Contributing Member

I am sick of watching Harden. His persistent pocket-pass TOs, his pounding the ball for most of the shot clock, his going up in the air with the ball and no good option like a Little Dribbler, and his--worst of all-- losing focus or just not caring on D have become intolerable. I turned the TV off in the 3rd Q last night. The whole team is wilting around his poisonous performances. Trade him, DM, please.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Because there's been a shooting guard that has been in the top 2 guards through that whole stretch, predominantly Kobe, lately Harden. There has been no evidence to suggest they choose to pair a shooting and point guard anymore than they've paired a small forward and power forward. They simply choose the best 6 guards, in order.