1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors, Spurs, Cavs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by UtilityPlayer, Jan 15, 2016.

1. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

They all are on a different stratosphere from everybody else.

2. basketballholic

Very true. Barring a miracle one of those 3 wins the title. (Personally I'm rooting for the Spurs if we can't get there, which we most likely cannot.)

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Warriors
    Spurs
    -----------
    Cavs
    -----------
    Thunder
    -----------
    Clippers
    Raptors
    Bulls
    Hawks
    -----------
    Pacers
    Heat
    Mavs
    Pistons
    Grizzlies
    Rockets
    -----------
    Magic
    Celtics
    Knicks
    -----------
    Wizards
    Hornets
    -----------
    Jazz
    Blazers
    Kings
    Bucks
    Nuggets
    -----------
    Suns
    Pelicans
    Wolves
    Nets
    -----------
    Lakers
    Sixers

#3 J.R., Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i think cavs should be on a higher tier then the thunders

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fine, then in their own tier. :) Below SA & GS, above OKC.

Good team but wouldn't pick them to beat either SA or GS in a 7-game series.

6. basketballholic

In a 7-game series with Cleveland healthy, they'll be hell to beat. They're right there with the Warriors/Spurs. You saw it last night. On the road, Lebron with an off game, leading most of the way, getting crappy D from Love and others and still almost eeked it out.

Like I said, I'm rooting for the Spurs if we can't win it, but I have no qualms seeing the Cavs win it all this season. That team drug the Warriors out with Lebron running solo last year. They're going to be very, very nasty if they remain healthy come playoff time this year.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Aldrige and duncan sucked for the spurs and they still won. However I think the refs were seriously favoring the spurs.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Clevelands advantage is they won't be challenged until the finals. GS and SAS will have a hell of a series against each other. Best case for CLE is SAS wins but has to go 7 games with GS.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Cannot wrap my head around this concept. If the Rockets aren't there I'm just watching the games to see what happens. I'm watching as a fan of basketball. I'm not rooting for anyone.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Don't see Cleveland beating SA or GS in a 7 game series. They have mental midgets around LeBron, people like Kevin Love. Just not sold on them hitting big shots when needed. I'm on a "i'll believe it when I see it" when it comes to the Cavs because of the surrounding players. Not to mention Irving and Love are about as injury prone as anyone, so there's no guarantee that either one or both will be healthy come June.

Spurs and Warriors are battle-tested, especially the Spurs. That goes a long ways in a 7 game series in the finals. LeBron can only do so much by himself, and both teams seem like they're better than they were last season while the Cavs pretty much look like the same + Irving and Love. They're a great team no doubt, but I'd agree with J.R. that the Spurs and Warriors are on their own level and it shows in all the major statistics.

It's not exactly a bold statement, but I am 99% sure the champion will be from the West. Basketball's been so predictable the last 10 years.

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Rockets are gonna win the title this year. :cool:

12. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Barring injuries, this is correct.

13. rocketsmetalspd

Warriors, Spurs, Cavs are very tough teams but Warriors and Spurs get away with a lot BS moving screens, holding, and non calls on their D play.

14. atamirisa

atamirisa Member

Yea good point. I think that's called good defense but I'm not too sure of the exact terminology.

15. rocketsmetalspd

Good D when you are a fan of either team:grin:

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

when people actually want to start believing this, it can take away the great team ball that both these teams illustrate more than anyone else in the league. And that's a shame

17. atamirisa

atamirisa Member

How can you not be? They both play great team basketball and Steph Curry is in God mode.

18. rocketsmetalspd

You can see it your way nothing wrong with that. I am just stating what I see.

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I want Lebron to win.

20. FEAR THE BEARD

If you're a Rockets fan I don't see how you can root for the Spurs. They are our division rival and we battle them for best team in Texas. The Spurs are the team I dislike the most in the league for those reasons. If the Rockets don't win the ship, the Spurs are the last team I would want to see win. I'd take Cleveland over GS and SA any day.

1 person likes this.