1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 1/4/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2016.

1. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

everyone sucked last night until trezl came in. then they sucked a little less.

this team has run out of answers - the coaches can't coach their way out of a wet paper bag - and no incoming player will single handedly correct that.

The only thing JB's right in - is that when **** goes south - individual agendas come into play. But that's freaking human nature and not some deep rooted conspiracy style problem.

Hey JB - how about having true accountability for once. How about limiting Capela's minutes on the floor until he can truly handle both ends of play. How about refusing to play harden or tjones if they don't play D. One game of them sitting isn't gonna get you fired - you're doing that yourself.

1 person likes this.
  2. Zergling

Zergling Member

Can you guys be anymore clueless? Why do you think we were even in a position to "give away the game"? Harden carried the offense in the 2nd half.

Sure, him fouling a 3pt shooter is pretty dumb. Any competent coach in that situation throws out his best defensive rotation, which obviously doesn't include James. God knows why he would be in the game in that situation.

Meanwhile once again, ZERO posts about Dwight being a -9 despite getting a great matchup that he failed to dominate. How does Jeff Withey basically play an even game with you? No posts about Ariza's -14, probably a result of not playing great defense on Hayward/Hood.
    Who gives a s***? We won this game in part because Harden came to play in the 2nd half. Sure he committed some dumb turnovers and fouls, but anyone watching the game would know he was still a net positive easily. Who knew the GARM was full of body language experts.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Sorry if already posted

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fan that shined light at Harden was ejected, banned from NBA arenas for 1 year. Unclear what sort of light. Harden said was laser pointer.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/684247858506153984">January 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Nook

Nook Member

Are you all aware that the Rockets won?

5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Last years Thunder game

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Lol my thoughts and all of Houston exactly.
    Trade him for Whiteside and draft Simmons right

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is 100% accurate, he turns it over far too much to be considered a GOOD passer.

A GOOD passer would have 2-1 assist to turnover ratio - at least, especially if they are the initiator of the offense.

Harden's AstTo ratio is very poor for a PG, but ok for a SG, which is why we should take the ball out of his hands as the initiator of the offense, just imagine we get a PG that pushes the ball up instead of leaks it over just at 16 seconds like Harden does.

Push it, find early offense if it is there, if not reset, and let Harden do his thing.

DD

8. studogg

sorry bro - I don't argue stupid. It's like hitting yourself in the head continually and expecting a headache to go away.

9. SeabrookMiglla

watched the 4th last night. just dropped in for my commentary.

harden almost lost us the game last night single handedly.

please get the ball out of his hands. no more ISO

his mistakes make up for his stats and are hurting this team.

end.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No worries, teaching people the game of basketball is tough on my fingers - having to consistently explain what a good passer is vs one that is not one....can be tiresome.

:)

The most turnovers in the NBA - and the most per game too....James Harden.

DD

11. studogg

lol - says the person with the largest track record of being flat out wrong on the interwebz

at least you still have self confidence :) it's why we still love you

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

DD, studogg's point in entirely accurate. When you've decided that a player just isn't what you like, for whatever reason or reasons, you stick to your opinion regardless of what anyone else says. You'll nitpick everything that can possibly bug you about the guy and never let up. Sorry, but it's true. Harden is a good passer. Sometimes, he's a brilliant one. Yes, he turns the ball over too much, sometimes way too much, but it isn't always his fault. Like any player playing point, teammates can not make the proper rotation and be out of position. They can fumble catching the pass, which is still labeled a turnover by the passer. And I'll add this - some of Harden's turnovers don't involve passing at all. It's due to being double and sometimes triple teamed by the other team's best defenders, leading to the ball being poked out of his hands. No pass at all, DD, but a Harden turnover.

You get obsessed with a player's flaws once you've decided to "turn" on him. You focus on those flaws, regardless of the things the player excels at, or improves upon. And worse, you play dirty to sully the player you've decided to be against. How? Harden's a perfect example. You didn't hesitate to compare him to Jeremy Lin, an absurdity. You didn't hesitate to compare him to McGrady, a vastly different player who played another position, and you made both comparisons knowing that equating those two ex-Rockets to Harden is an incendiary accusation on this board, one even many of those angry at Harden wouldn't have dreamed of making. And you don't give up. You don't quit. I'm expecting a comparison equating James to Scottie Pippen next. Sorry, but I've watched you do this stuff here for years. You're a passionate fan of the Rockets. You know a lot about the game and often make excellent comments about our team. This peccadillo of yours bothers me because it demeans you, in my humble opinion, and conflicts with all the good things you bring to the BBS.

Just food for thought. Sorry if my post bothers you. Maybe I have too much time on my hands this morning. My significant other is attempting to make vegan chili, and the mere thought of tasting it has me cringing inside. For some bizarre reason, it made me think of you. For that, I apologize. You don't deserve to be associated with the coming abomination!

5 people like this.
  13. dragician

dragician Member

rockets are now winning by luck.

14. chandlerbang21

Glad utah had 2 starters injured. They would have had 20+ offensive rebounds with favors and rudy playing

15. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Oh man, I just saw the highlights on nba.com. We stink.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, even Withey said there was a lot of contact they were letting go all game, and he was relatively calm about it; I think he was saying (without SAYING it), is that, "Hell, they even let me foul the f*** out of guys, ME, tall, white, and awkward."

17. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Well we beat a team of D league players by 2 points.
    Some observations:
    * Man they need to feed their 7 footers. They're so scrawny!
    * Is that the whitest crowd in the NBA? (and the quietest)
    * Good hustle by Harrell. Glad he's getting minutes. And no KJ again?? Maybe KJ needs to start wearing a headband so JB gets confused and starts giving him minutes.
    * STOP WITH THE HARDEN ISO! Give the ball to someone else and pass to Harden.

Best part of our game was our defence. But to be honest, can't get too excited about that given they were effectively a D league team.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm a James Harden fan and when someone tries to blame him for everything you'll see me defend him. He's not the biggest problem for the Rockets but I do have to admit that while he has done great things for this team (In the past) I would be lying if I said he has looked at all engaged this season. He just doesn't look like he cares enough to get it going and so he takes short cuts. He doesn't want to move without the ball so you see lots of ISO's. He doesnt want to play defense he just wants to steal the ball from whoever has it and this usually leaves his own man wide open. Yes his scoring is up but his efficiency down. He's not injured and we are almost halfway through the season so you cant say he isn't yet in game shape. The criticism of Harden this year has been harsh but its not like its not deserved. When you say you're the best player in the league and then you play as if you'd rather be doing something else then you deserve to be called on it.

1 person likes this.
  19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

My problem with the whole damn deal is harden lets bev have more freedom on offense than Lawson and Thornton, if he would cut while Lawson has the ball he would be so much harder to defend. I just wish we had a damn coach

20. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

How do we play Harden off the ball if he refuses to move whenever somebody else got it? That's what pisses me off the most, he doesn't even try to help his teammates when they have the ball.

If you play sports in any level you know he doesn't give near 50% effort in both ends. It's not only on defense.

That being said, I don't agree with you when you say he is a bad passer and compares him to J Lin (????). He's got great vision and would lower his turnovers significantly if he played basketball the way it should be played. A lot of his turnovers aren't even related to passing.