1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 12/31/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I feel like one of Thornton and Lawson is fine but there aren't enough minutes for both since playing Lawson Thornton and harden is defensive suicide

2. Rocketeer4Life

Would you trade Harden for Paul George?

In a heartbeat with some other assets as well!

3. malakas

malakas Member

Good morning and happy new year to everyone.

I am dissapointed to see this result i thought we were going to win. :(
    I will watch tomorrow to understand what went wrong though i already suspect. God awful defence and too much isos. Bad start of the year for the rockets and no signs of waking up and turning it around.

14 more days to trade brewer.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This is the stupidest team in the league. Period!

Blow this **** up.

5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

This team sucks. It's time for Morey to Bute the bullet and make a freaking move. You will NEVER turn this around with these group of guys.

6. rocketman72

rocketman72 Member

I look forward to the trade deadline and see what Morey will do. I don't think we should blow this team up. Keep Harden and Howard until the season ends.

We're only 5 games from 4th seed. Ya Gotta Believe.

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Is it too late to tank for Simmons?

8. bynxdr88

bynxdr88 Member

Harden needs to play defense he is the barometer of the team.. Have you seen ine play in the 4th where harden missed a jump shot and did not get back on defense? Easy lay in for iggy.. This is frustrating

9. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

The problem is not about loss, it's hopeless for the team playing style.
    The team's win is all on Harden. If Harden is in trouble, there is anyone to score

10. jk103

jk103 Member

Not gonna lie, this one stings. A revenge game against the Warriors, at home, without 3 of their starters? Without Curry? A chance to show Green and Thompson what overhyped chumps they'd be if they didn't have Curry there to draw 2.5 defenders every time he touches the ball? And THIS is how you defend a 2 point lead in the 3rd quarter? https://streamable.com/ttah?t=7.4

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Our season so far...

[​IMG]

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

For Simmons, yes. The Sixers and Lakers have already seen to that. But to tank for a lottery pick? Not at all. I think they need to seriously start thinking about it. Because there's no sense in limping into the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed only to get swept and then have no pick at all.

13. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Ship has sailed. If you can't beat a GS team w/ out Curry at home then we have no business being in the discussion. So disgusted.

14. malakas

malakas Member

What kind of lottery pick? Because for a top8 pick its too late unless you sit Harden and even then. Trust me as a fan of another tanking team that have to see the likes of suns blazers sacramento brooklyn and now even minny get one loss after the other in frustrating fashion. For a 12-15th pick there is time.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It wouldn't be a good lottery pick unless the Rockets really threw in the towel. But I'd rather a lower lottery pick than none at all which if I'm not mistaken is what happens if we make the playoffs.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I agree. We need to hire the head coach and then let him get players to fit his system.

Problem is would Morey agree to give up his philosophy to give authority to the new coach.

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Morey wasted 4 years getting McHale to coach. From Adelman's system that could enable role players like Chuck Hayes to get triple doubles, we go to a glorified street ball that opponents have quickly figured out. Our players don't know how to play the right way anymore.

Many people are gonna be fired. Even Morey should not be safe.

18. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

welp, I'm about ready to call an end to this era of Rockets basketball. I thought the team was talented enough to compete, but they never went and got a good coach. Most undisciplined, unmotivated group I've ever seen wear Rocket Red. This era's ultimate demise: The Mchale extension.

19. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

We can still be a top team if we can hire Thibodeau to be head coach and trade out Lawson& Tj& Thomton , and Brewer or KJ

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You have no idea how important a whole offseason trainings camp and preparation are.

Not even the Zen Master himself can come in, and the Rockets are going to the Finals.

He needs his arsenal of players.