1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 12/31/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 30, 2015.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Because we are a bunch of soft asses...

2. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

yeah... supposedly rockets are good on offense but bad on defense, i dont know if the offense is all that good either.

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Im over it, just embarrassing next to my friends...

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Warriors do a lot with Bogut, but he's a really good passer.

I think Memphis does it too, but Gasol is a really good passer and shooter.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Back to being serious. And on that note I'd like to say that Les Alexander look pissed when Drexler brought up: " you spent alot of money but it doesn't look like you are getting your return" I thought Les would have responded " You stupid prick/jerk get the hell out of here, you don't deserve to be announcing the Rocket games ... :grin:

6. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

yeap, that backcourt totally out of sync

7. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

yeah but in those plays, it was just a handoff. it wasnt for him to hold the ball and then pass, no one coming to take the handoff

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Beverly dribbled here and there...
    Ariza dribbled here and there...
    Harden was standing there still and watching...
    Howard was walking and laughing
    TJ? Didn't know where he was...

This is Rockets basketball...

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yes our players play stupid but I still see our biggest problem as the coach. We can all see the problems but it's like the players are not being told the major problems. Switching on defense is the coaches plan. And by now we all know Dwight should be given the ball more on a night where he's doing well and it's just not happening. We just need a disciplinarian coach and a few role players trades and I think it would turn things around. The problem is JB is not going anywhere until the season is over.

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I guess most of people in Toyota Center are Warriors fans...

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It would be a great play if Dwight was a good passer or could shoot that shot...

12. nnayak

nnayak Member

Yea do we ever see a post up out of a timeout to settle the team down? Or an adjustment in defensive strategy? Never

13. nnayak

nnayak Member

Exactly. We have no plan other than dribble hand off. No threat to do anything else. What's the point?

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Both you guys are right. He's right because no one was actually trying to get the ball it's like they were all scared. And you're right because people on Clutchfans tend to ignore Dwight's glaring shortcomings even though he's a "superstar". He's can shoot, pass, hit free throws etc. I will admit though the way he played tonight he should have gotten the ball more. He needs to stop calling for it when he's double teamed though. We let got of two players who knew how to pass Dwight the ball without him having to post up.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This might be a covert tank job at this point. I really don't see how a team that came back strong would just relinquish all effort on D like that out of the blue. Fatigue clearly didn't set in yet.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>After loss to short-handed Warriors, Rockets reveal themselves as NBA punchline<a href="https://t.co/d6PTbml1x9" title="http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25433791/after-loss-to-short-handed-warriors-the-rockets-are-an-nba-punchline" org_href="http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25433791/after-loss-to-short-handed-warriors-the-rockets-are-an-nba-punchline">cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas…</a> <a href="https://t.co/edgXdJhnDj" title="http://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/682763158696529921/photo/1" org_href="http://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/682763158696529921/photo/1">pic.twitter.com/edgXdJhnDj</a></p>&mdash; CBS Sports NBA (@CBSSportsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/682763158696529921" data-datetime="2015-12-31T21:19:56+00:00">December 31, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Only joke is on that writer and those who thought they'd win tonight, even against the shorthanded Warriors.

Thanks for paying attention for the first time on the last night of the year Matt Moore.

Not the loss to the Nuggets(0-3)
    Not the loss to the Nets(0-2)
    Not the loss to the Mavs, who did the same thing the Warriors did tonight

but tonight,...tonight did it. Tonight they revealed themselves as the punchline. OK!

18. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

It's all on Morey! Morey had made all mistake, signed Kj, tradeded for Lawson, sign Thomton

19. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

If Morey want his job, he must trade Lawson & Tj & Thomton

20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey's biggest mistake is let JSmoove go...

If Josh Smith is still here, our defense won't suck like this...