1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey is officially in the HOT seat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. SeabrookMiglla

F that, Morey needs to stay. We already kneejerked one time and fired McHale. I'm not ready to blow up this team while we're 7th in the Western Conference Standings almost half way through the season.

The blame game goes around when times are tough, and I dont think Morey is the right target. The guy has gotten us key pieces and found role players who contributed to this team greatly time and time again.

If you guys are seriously talking about changing the 'culture' of this team then why not get a new owner while we're at it.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

His seat should be cold, in my opinion.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Isn't that obvious? The owner won't fire himself.

4. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Come on now! Morey turned this team around after he got dealt a crap hand. Yeah he's made mistakes but what GM hasn't. Put yourself in his shoes for a sec. Yao retired due to Injuries and TMAC got traded because he was a shell of his former self (He also stopped giving a ****).
    What is the first thing that comes to mind when you lose your Two All-Stars on the team? Rebuild! Right? Not so fast!, not if Mr. Alexander and his “Competitive Nature” have anything to do with it. So know you're stuck in Mediocre-ville for 2-3 years where you can’t position the team to get a high draft pick or make the playoffs. Man.., How the heck do you get out of this one? Oh wait…

1. Rockets to acquire Kevin Martin
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=182194

2. The Rockets have landed James Harden!
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=227853

3. OFFICIAL: Rockets land Dwight Howard!
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=240824

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

From the WIKI
    So . . . Morey has not even had 10 years yet?

Rocket River
    seems longer

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey! Morey! Morey!!!

We would not die in that man's company
    That fears his fellowship to die with us!!!

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude literally traded a bag of **** for a western conference finals team that is still incredibly young and roster flexible. Some of you young dick cheeses don't remember how bad things really were. They were hopeless.

Dork Elvis will get this team on track. We have lost a few close games, but we are playing exceptional, with only a few hiccups.

1 person likes this.
  8. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

Someone help me understand? What culture are we attempting to change? This conversation was non existent while we were winning.

You can change as many execs as you want, that's not going to create a "culture change." Whatever that means. I watch these games, and we have legitimate opportunities to win, the players just begin to play terribly. IE Atlanta game. A culture change isn't going to change how we'eve been playing.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. THE_TRUTH_HURTS

I don't agree with all of Morey's moves, but the man rebuilt the franchise without making us tank. No team has done that. Not the Warriors, Spurs, OKC or Cleveland. Last year, we had an MVP candidate, made the WCF and added an All Star caliber player. Who didn't think that the GM put us in a position to succeed this year? The failure is with the coach and the players not the GM

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Are you being sarcastic or are you stupid. Serious question.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he's typically a good poster here. i'm just gonna assume he started new yrs celebrations a bit early

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I agree, knote has had good posts in the past. Hoping that he is being sarcastic. The first step in solving a problem is addressing and acknowledging it.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey got to form his own entourage and revamp his team... hire brilliant new minds....

I agree with someone that said Battier or Cassell for assistant coach

Right now Morey is on the high horse but he needs to remember how it was to be a young, hungry new GM again.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The team has been horrible and hard to watch except for couple games against the Spurs, Clippers and so on.

That was the more exception than the norm

16. houtown

houtown Member

When Steve Kerr comes back, I wonder if the Houston Rockets will respectfully ask Luke Walton to coach their team and if he will accept the Houston job now that he has had a taste of being a head coach? The arch rivals up and coming coach will not be a bad idea in My opinion at the moment. If he denies the job, then so be it, but if the Houston Rockets are willing to do whatever possibly necessary in trying to win, I see this as a good opportunity to do so by hiring a coach who has been brought up by the greats in the game. If not, I suspect I might know where the Houston Rockets organization true priorities are at the moment.

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Needs to abandon his stupid 3 stars prophecy too. Can't believe we tried to court Melo and sign that loser .

18. xaos

xaos Member

All I want is a cyberx update

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lez should just fire Moray and make all the decisions himself.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hail Alexander Mussolini