1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hawks @ Rockets 12/29/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

JBB needs to quit. :grin:

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

JBB is an idiot when regarding Brewer - Corey Brewer is a lousy NBA player, should not be more than 10th man at best.

And why is nobody talking about our ****ty FT shooting?

DD

3. malakas

malakas Member

Thats really preposterous. Even a casual nba fan can see pretty well that Brewer is a horrible defender. But the coach who was specialized in defence...cant?

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

They're in love :eek::p:grin:

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Bigger defender??? LOL

Brewer with 0pt, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 4 fouls and 2 turnovers in 17 mins...
    I see in no way this is a good defender...

6. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Stop playing Brewer would be a good start, and using timeouts at the end of games. Stop with the high traps every game.....

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

JBb also had Lawson in at the end of the game. Neither "bigger" nor "defender" are words I would use to describe Lawson.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Or the idiotic switching where Howard, DMo or Capela get stuck on Teague.....TRAP it...and then go back to your man.

DD

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Corey just needs to know his limitations.. Unfortunately its too late to know it... He's a good bench player to jump start an offense ..Nothing more.. He brings energy and balls... But he shouldnt have a set rotation to be apart of.. Just one of them "lets see if he can jumpstart us" type player.. Then sit his ass down ...

10. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I did not understand having Lawson in at the end either. Beverley is a much better complement to Harden and probably would have chased down a few of those loose balls. JB infuriates me.

11. cjcj#1

cjcj#1 Member

Is someone in the organisation able to explain game after game how its possible to blow these leads in games anything over a 10 point lead is just erased time after time.

Are we trading for more shooters or are we actually going to start solving defensive issues and get some players that can help defensively

Who is in charge of film review with the players on turnovers surely when this keeps showing up game after game in the boxscore you would be doing something to fix it obviously not who's responsible what is the accountability

What are the gambling rules on defense because brewer doesn't know or get it

Whats the rules on the 3 point line on defense whats the rotations, the help the recovery etc because this is stuffed as well

What are the sub patterns when up in a lead
    What are the sub patterns when losing a lead

Lastly Thornton not playing whos explaining that to the fans???

1 person likes this.
  12. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Morey is wasting a season of players primes while giving JB a chance. It's sickening. If we were stockholders, terminations would be demanded!

1 person likes this.
  13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I just got back from the game....Howard and Capela took turns splitting free throws for what felt like an eternity. ****ty Brewer getting us in foul trouble and throwing his hands up in frustration over and over. Harden almost having a triple double really surprised me..seemed like he turned it over every other possession. No playcalling at all from JB...same crap as the Pelicans game...every one stand around and take turns dribbling for 5 seconds. That last minute was horrid coaching.

14. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Yet he was signed to $8 MM/year when 90% of fans were screaming for Smoove & KJ over Brewer. From my POV, Morey is great at getting value in trades, but he's truly failed at building a dominant contender around Harden & Howard. Poor decisions with the coaching staff, poor decisions on FA 2 years in a row (Lowry + Smoove), and sub-par drafting on the first round.

When will we let go of the Harden trade and admit Morey leaves a lot to be desired? Dude is just a star chaser that has let 3 years of H&H's prime blow by.

15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Wow ok. What about the 3rd period JB...ya know, when the Hawks made their run and you didn't call a timeout or make substitution? No Thornton? Heck, KJ would've done a better job than Brewer for all I care

16. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

because during the 'hack' strategy we made one point per possession, which is essentially shooting 50% from the field. Its not what hurt us. O-boards and coaching did.

17. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Slam Dunk

18. AXG

AXG Member

He didn't say "good." He said "bigger", but I get your point. Brewer is nonexistent on defense and awful on offense. He can't shoot nor make a layup to save his life, and he's a walking turnover waiting to happen.

19. cjcj#1

cjcj#1 Member

Seeing how we are a Offense first team:
    Try this logic rockets:

We put in brewer over thornton. Whos the better shooter?
    Whats brewer doing on defense that's any worse than thornton?
    Let me guess 1 man makes 8 million the other under 1 million.
    Who's running the team clearly have to play the man making 8 mill over the guy that isn't right rockets just another decision that's wrong!!!

20. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I hate that Howard's monster game was wasted.