1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hawks @ Rockets 12/29/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 28, 2015.

1. kcarro

kcarro Member

When does baseball season start?

2. MD_in_Training

You're not winning a championship with Harden as your best player. No way no how.

3. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Honestly, this is so ****ing frustrating because the Rockets do have the talent to be a true competitor. We have all seen it in flashes this season. At times, this team looks flat out dangerous. They can score with the best of them and their defense can be very good.

But too many times this season, the bad lazy Rockets came to play and it overshadows the good Rockets, tenfold.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The team usually plays their best against contenders but yep Warriors are a handful as of now.

But hey in the NBA anyone can beat anyone.

5. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Been a rox fan since Hakeem's rookie year. I just don't know what to think or believe in anymore. Are we just doomed to a dumpster fire of a season. With teaser wins like Spurs and kick in the sack losses like tonight and Pelicans? Is this as freaking good as it gets?

6. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

If a game gets close and its in the 4th you can basically predict what the rockets will do everytime.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I would rather us play normal fast paced basketball like we did and take what the defense gives you

At the very least put a ****ing shot up so you have a chance of an offensive rebound

instead of just turning over possession

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

because he does all the little things. he's a winner. plus thornton is very disrespectful to the game

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Feels like all 12 were in the 4th. My neck was getting tired from all the times I shook my head in disbelief that they got another offensive rebound.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Calvin said that, but Calvin loves his Rockets and never stops believing. :)

We're 33 games in, slowly approaching the (41-game) halfway mark.

Sure, we see glimpses of things but that's it. And what good is that? Good to know they can do it but can't/don't do it consistently? Meh, whatever.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Morey is responsible for this mess. He assembled flawed parts that looked good on the surface but did not have enough integrity and fundamental work to work great.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

They took 99 shots. We took 70.

13. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

we need a coach that will install and enforce a consistent defensive philosophy. sometimes we ice on side pick and rolls, and some times we let them go middle. people act like they want to over-load isos, other times we leave people on islands.

offensively when we are decisive and move the ball we look great, then we suddenly stop and isolate inefficiently.

we need a damn identity....

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Yay! I get to go toss and turn for the next hour trying to get to sleep and then when I finally do I'll have night terrors of Curry dropping 70 points on us.

FML.

15. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

were you happy about the spurs late game tho? that was same approach, just different results.

16. windpuppy

windpuppy Member

Face the fact guys. We shot over 50% from three. Korver was 0/10 from three. This was really a blowout loss.

17. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Think jb and brewer smoke weed together before every game. Hence the performance.

18. rocketshopeful

wow 0/10!

yea they dominated 2h went it counted.

19. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Let's be honest, if we are reliant on Harden ISO ball to close out a game, we aren't going to have a record worth boasting about.

20. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

We had scored a grand total of 43 points in the second half, its not like the offense was a well oiled machine at that point.