1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Brewer...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Since75, Dec 25, 2015.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...ter-trade-to-Rockets-Brewer-keeps-6716251.php

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He looks like he doesn't belong in the league out there. Constant bad decisions, dumb turnovers, fouls, plays way too fast and out of control.

He looks like a skinny teen at the YMCA who is thrown into a game a game with a bunch of adults and is clearly out of place.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Brewer has been careless...but thats always been his style...When he is on...he is unconscious...but when he is bad he is really bad.

I too expect him to turn things around...And I do agree with JBB's comments about Brewer being a winner...

4. Since75

Since75 Member

I didn't mean to start a new thread on Brewer. I actually went to the game thread with my post. Pushed the wrong button. My bad. Fwiw in spite of Ariza's foul trouble Thornton should have been given some or most of the minutes Brewer had. At least Thornton has the ability to make shots. Just saying.

5. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

I don't think the few key plays are worth the 3 quarters of garbage he brings. Would 100% rather have Thornton's consistent scoring.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Brewer is just JB's guy. He will never be benched.

7. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

He's a good defender at 6'9". Bottom line.

I think he might come around offensively if we stay with him. Remember last year when we picked him up, he had been left for dead. All the sudden he had a mid season surge and was the leader of the 'headband of brothers' and one of the NBA's best benches.

8. jae713

jae713 Member

I posted the same thing in the Thornton thread.

As much as I think Brewer has been playing horrendous, tonight there were a couple of plays where I was impressed by his defense on Kawhi

9. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I remember when he actually played with more motivation, was shooting the ball better at the 3 pt line and actually ran the fast break effectively. Maybe he's pretty content with his big contract..

10. OpenLayup-Why3?

Morey is the coach, he tells who plays. So we play those who get big salaries because Morey would look bad to spend big money on players who don't get to play, and those who we want to showcase for a trade.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

At this point it's clear Brewer is a close personal friend to the coaching staff, it's a big reason he needs to be traded other than the fact that he sucks.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I feel so bad for Thornton who has outplayed him tremendously.

13. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

He was the sparkplug last year

The open court fast break was his bread and butter

what the crap happened?

14. OpenLayup-Why3?

Morey gave big (?) contract to Brewer this summer. THAT is why Brewer is playing over worthy people. Because Morey doesn't want to look bad in front of Alexander who is clueless old man and would notice if Brewer didn't play, but doesn't notice that Brewer sucks when he plays.
    Morey needs to go with his circus of coach puppets.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

the bickerstaff brewer

the bickerstaff-brewer connection

jb's brewer

jb's brewer aint going no where

somewhere deep in the bench, thornton is rotting away.
    someone should remind jb that he's to boost his market value since he's on a min contract, and wants one last good contract before he gets too old
    so he'll do anything but half ass when he's on the court. could use more competent 3pt shooters

16. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

Brewer

Brewer often makes a good play and then immediately thereafter makes an
    embarrassing boneheaded play. It's almost shocking if it wasn't so common.

How he plays so many minutes and Thorton sometimes receives DNPs is complete nonsense.:(

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Daryl: No, Dmo is starting at PF.

JB: Look, we've been over this. I don't want to go 12 rounds with you.

Daryl: You can't start Terrence because he's been traded to Phoenix.

JB: You traded Terrence Jones?

Daryl: Yep.

JB: You are out of your mind.

Brewer: You wanted to see me, Daryl?

Daryl: Sure thing, Brew. Have a seat.

(Brewer sits)

(JB looking on)

Morey: Brew, you've been traded to the Suns. Here's the GM's number. He's a good guy. He's waiting for your call. You're a good player, Brew, and we wish you the best.

incredulous, Brewer leaves)

Daryl: Brew's been traded, too.

JB: (shaking his head) You're killing this club.

Daryl: I can do this aaaaaaaall night, JB.

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Brew was a critical part of last years run. He brings energy, movement and speed to an otherwise stodgy and slow team. Granted he looks a little out of control so far this year but it still a long season and he has proven he can do it.
    Remember you guys were trading Harden after 10 games too.

When teams go methodical in the playoffs, he can be a wildcard and momentum changer.

19. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Bad defense hasn't led to more turnovers and quick fastbreaks like last year. Regardless, he has been worse on the halfcourt set and on the fastbreak. He is is out there because of defense. When Thornton is out there too long, the other team scores 100+ points which usually leads to a loss. People usually judge players solely on their offensive game. Right know Brewer and Thorton are opposite of each other. Pick your poison on which part of the game you want to suffer, defense or offense.

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree he's a very good defender and awesome at playing the passing lanes but he needs to pick his shots a bit better and not press on the offensive side of the ball IMO.