1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/25/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Let enjoy the win. James help build the lead with*Kawhi on him in the 4th. James is the point guard when he and Terry share the backcourt. I wouldn't want the ball in anyone else's hands late in games.

2. DenisM

DenisM Member

I know it's early but if we get to that 3rd seed, it would be great! Possible semis vs Spurs and then again wcf agains gsw.

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Clippers are pretenders because we own them..they've never recovered from the beat down last year so we got something to do with their fragile state of mind in my opinion. If spurs lost due to old age tonight I don't see that changing. That's a permanent problem...good for us...next

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

5. amaru

amaru Member

Maybe having the DUI situation settled in court has lifted a weight off of Lawson's shoulders?

6. mockster

mockster Member

Great play by Terry but feel lawson being under used when playing well

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets would have to go on an insane run to reach the 3rd seed. It's possible, but OKC may already have too much distance between us and them. Home court in Round 1 though is definitely achievable.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

Tony Parker's not going to be full of wine & ham during the playoffs.

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Lawson looked pretty confident today, he hit some big buckets when we needed them as the Spurs were pushing for a run

10. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

well it's great we can disagree on them winning versus them loosing tonight...all good...took them a month to find some chemistry and realize that "Morey Ball" doesn't work when you've got brick masters at the 3 point line. Furthermore, Howard/Capela duo didn't happen in November so not sure we would've seen a different result in November with all the drama that went on with the Rockets chemistry. However, I do agree that Rox play better when they play top teams but nothing has been guaranteed this year. Moving in the right direction in my opinion :cool:

11. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

I humbly disagree. Bev should stay and Lawson off the bench as he has been today.. He still gets tentative when James Harden is in the lineup and doesn't attack as aggressively.. Bev basically squeezed Parker all night and didn't let him go to work. Parker has been incredible recently and credit Bev with stopping him

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Amazing defensive performance. Harden didn't ball watch this game! He keeps this up, maybe he turned a new leaf. If that's the case this team is back on the right track.

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Don't think the Rox care what Parker is eating if they keep playing this way.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm still perplexex with the roatarions from John Blair.

15. AXG

AXG Member

The Rockets can beat the Spurs, Thunder and Clippers ×2, but cannot beat the Nets and Nuggets lol

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

good seeing Capela play 32 minutes, we needed it against Duncan and Aldridge

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A most welcome win indeed! Go Houston Rockets!

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4-0 vs Thunder, Clippers, and Spurs. 0-5 vs Denver and Nets.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Tony Parker's also old. Look at who the Spurs went to down the stretch. It wasn't LMA getting the ball in the post. It was Duncan. And he did deliver many times, but can the Spurs really count on him to keep that up when he's 40 years old this postseason? Also, Manu is useless out there, Green is slumping, Mills wasn't even on the floor, and as I said before, Parker is getting up there in age.

I'm not saying the Spurs won't be formidable come playoff time, but the mileage on some of their key guys can't be overlooked. Kawhi and LMA will have to be huge for them on offense if they're gonna go all the way.

20. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I personally felt the first month of November would be a WASH..I didn't think it would tail into December but NOW it seems Rox are realizing how they can win with this team..we shall see